Recent content by quaddriver

1. quaddriver

"AM Stereo" - The Forgotten, but Perhaps Superior Medium

'Bout FM tho....got no static at all...
  2. quaddriver

HK Citation 17S and 19 - the darnedest thing....

not yet, the 19 work is this week coming up. I was doing good to just get the 17s done, the body computer for my car fixed, and add-a-springs in my GMC the older you get, the less hours in a day
  3. quaddriver

ok it lives...I fed it into aux in on the 890 and only use enough volume to match other inputs. Its clean and since it uses basically a complimentary amp to produce pre-amp, I checked the DC offset and Ill be darned if this thing does not settle down to under 3mv, with a slight .1-3mv waver...
  4. quaddriver

The False Claim that You Should Only Use Deoxit F5 on Pots

you mean the straw with enuf force to wash dried cat vomit off a carpet? can expend the entire can in the time an MP5 machine gun can empty a clip? THAT one?
  5. quaddriver

Ill have to check this out as I learned a new acronym today! lol
  6. quaddriver

my $.03.... Carbon track pots do not fix themselves. By the time it gets to gummy, it has been damaged to some extent. D5 will remove the gum just great. Perhaps even better than F5 as it has a higher solvent %. Once you d5 or f5 something, it will need it again...you cannot escape that...
  7. quaddriver

my rails are in spec everywhere.....the front of the service manual sez it puts out 2v max, but IN the service manual there is this gem: wth does THAT mean? what concerns me the most is these 'generic joe' transistors everywhere....note that the SAME 2 are used over and over? except look...
  8. quaddriver

Someone dropped these off for a resto. They work, he said he had em since birth, I did 4 units for him in the last 2 months so he wants me to get bizzy on this. So ok, at 45-50 years old its a full cap, silicon in the power supply and treat everything on a case by case basis. Ok, there is the...
  9. quaddriver

heh heh, Im feeling ninja, lookie what I did...

actually good, as scientific as a good record on a good TT with a good cart into a good stereo into good speakers. lol
  10. quaddriver

heh heh, Im feeling ninja, lookie what I did...

I dont need a phono pre-amp, all my daily drivers have one, but I had the parts so.... I had scrapped out a TT that had one built in, switchable on/off. It might have been a Fisher or Sansui - they put out some real turkeys in the late 80s early 90s. when I scrap stuff out I used to take...
  11. quaddriver

Bad Chinese translations make the world go round

on-semi sells the parts. When I was at Centroid (a company, not a location!) we used to sit around and laugh at the lash instructions for the mill appliances we got from taiwan and china. A lot of happiness.
  12. quaddriver

"Little" SX-680 coming back into service

The slot car track is cool, memories of the 70's, BUT, you have to add an HO train and at least one of the crossovers where the slot track and HO track meet at grade level. Think....Gomez Adams...
  13. quaddriver

Fluctuating noise picked up on SW frequency

ITs the alien mothership talking to ground based assets.
  14. quaddriver

Wedding System In 100 year old Log building + long rambles about old gear

lol, ok, I envision the playlist having Steppenwolfs (actually Hoyt Axtons, but their version) 'The Pusher' on a loop, interspersed with some Jimi...but there is something you might consider for 'Boogie time' as you call it - stoners dont get up and dance, whereas alcohol has the exact opposite...
  15. quaddriver

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I saw a mention in another post and Im so hit and miss here that I never heard a definitive answer...Echowars...glen, someone said he passed on? is that true?
Back
Top Bottom