Recent content by quadklipsh

1. quadklipsh

An amp that won't win any beauty contests...

I fail to agree
  2. quadklipsh

How to fix a dead fostex orthodynamic/planar magnetic thing , T20RP .

Hey guys . It astonished me last Sunday when i reassembled the driver back into place between the two magnets and tested its impedance. It turned out to be 80ohms .while the normal side was also 80ohms . To my surprise it powered up too. Ipod Music played . So i removed the Philips driver and...
  3. quadklipsh

Is the kenwood supreme 600 so good as to let go all my others ?

Hi all. I luckily got a model 600 supreme recently. This amp sounded a bit more balanced in the bass and highs , although it was all original and not molested or upgraded at all. Even though one side was running slighly more warmer . I compared a sansui 717 and the combo of baf1 / C2102 , but...
  4. quadklipsh

Eiraved. Thankyou for urreply. But since the driver is not getting back to life im not assembling it.
  5. quadklipsh

Hi guys , i am counting this is start of 3rd year of my fostex lying dead (one side driver took 17v surge from a bad tube headphone amp ). So i have opened up the headphone today yet again. And this time I put one Philips conventional driver ( 32ohms with somewhat similar sensitivity) and made...
  6. quadklipsh

Kenwood 600 Supreme in need of knob: Ideas?

8006 etc were plastic inside but look similar . I just bought a supreme and it has one knob short .
  7. quadklipsh

AKG K550 build quality is terrible

Take em out ov there. Put a 1 to 2mm thick felt on the R and L part of the cushions and sibilance is gone. It wont affect the mids, the bass or details and you can have a high definition headphones for hours .
  8. quadklipsh

which CDP is better for under 100 bucks , PHILIPS 850 II cdp or SONY X33ES .

And what's your word on the teac. Is it a superior one compared to the Sony and Philips here
  9. quadklipsh

Ok another cdplayer has been offered. Its the TEAC CD 5. If the dacmagic is to be used then the only thing im paying is the spinner for cds. Right? And teac may not be offering digital outs for the dacmagic.
  10. quadklipsh

I remember from the olden days when I had a CD player it was a Sony x33 ES and it worked flawlessly it was beautiful but I had limited number of cds and it was time for me to get into storing my data and music into the computer and I found it really cumbersome to maintain the CDs as they would...
  11. quadklipsh

Higher fidelity .... Better extension of highs and transparency.
  12. quadklipsh

My current system is sansui baf1 , connected to a logitech Bluetooth device ( yes the weak link) and i run my mp3s, youtube audio or sometimes flacs through my cell phone sony xz3 8416. The weak link is definitely the bluetooth . Im using an audax 8inch driver KLS9 speaker speaker but the...
Back
Top Bottom