Recent content by QuarterCuban

1. QuarterCuban

Right channel out KA-8100

The right channel just stopped working on my Kenwood KA-8100! Any troubleshooting ideas?
  2. QuarterCuban

Is this the right resistor?

Great. Thanks!
  3. QuarterCuban

What effect will a higher watt resistor have?
  4. QuarterCuban

I have a multi meter but I'm not sure how to measure a resistor with it. What setting do I use? I'm replacing them because they are 40 yro speakers and you can see the crack thru the base of the resistor in the pic. I already replaced the capacitors and everything sounds great otherwise.
  5. QuarterCuban

I need new resistors on my Kenwood LS 405A speakers. I found this resistor on PE. Am I getting the right one? http://www.parts-express.com/2-ohm-5w-resistor-wire-wound-5-tolerance--015-2?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=pla
  6. QuarterCuban

My first project! Kenwood LS-405A

It looks like 7 5/8" come diameter, and 9 1/8" inside the frame. The guys at Midwest Speaker Repair said that they didn't have anything in that size...
  7. QuarterCuban

Any suggestions on re-foam kits or sizes?
  8. QuarterCuban

How Do I test the drivers with a volt meter to see if they are healthy?
  9. QuarterCuban

Yes! I was thinking Gorilla Glue but the original glue was like a thick rubber glue. Didn't know if that was for acoustics.. Is it important to us the exact same capacitors. I searched and can't find a 50V 8uf...
  10. QuarterCuban

I've never listened to these speakers. Just picked them up last night... They may sound pretty good after some work! Oh but I think you were commenting on Colohikers recent rehab.... Sorry. :angel:
  11. QuarterCuban

Do these look original to you? Where would I get these capacitors?
  12. QuarterCuban

Any idea what to glue this back with?
  13. QuarterCuban

To recap means to replace the capacitors? Right?.... I'm gonna put new foam surrounds and clean these guys up! Any experience, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated. Does anyone know of crossover upgrades? Or is installing new caps the upgrade? Did I mention this is my first speaker...
  14. QuarterCuban

Peerless tweets? How can you tell?

Great! Thanks.
  15. QuarterCuban

Peerless tweets? How can you tell?

I love it! How do peerless look different? Is this an older tweet, how does it sound different than peerless?
Back
Top Bottom