Recent content by Raphaz

1. Raphaz

Compact powered book shelve speakers

IMHO marketing slogans like the one on the AE site “Buh-bye, speaker cables. Hello, wireless audio with CD-like quality stereo sound” are a bit of a stretch - while you may indeed be able to skip messy speaker cables running across spaces, you end up with a bunch of power chords with clunky...
  2. Raphaz

Modern substitute for Yamaha R-2000

It seems like the main issue with the R-N1000A and up is, according to experts testing/measuring them, the noise level of their amp section? But that’s just based on random Google searches. I’m not a tech so I don’t know how much of that really translates to audible noise or distortion anyway...
  3. Raphaz

Yep - it looks good and sounds good on paper - but the reviews I read aren’t great. Considering the price tag I expected them to live up to something like the pin quality of an R-2000. But maybe some of you here had better experiences
  4. Raphaz

Good point, thank you!
  5. Raphaz

Great! Thank you
  6. Raphaz

Great! Thank you!
  7. Raphaz

The AE adapters are very intriguing! I have a couple questions if you don’t mind: Looks like they can do WiFi (not just Bluetooth), right? I’m assuming it requires an AE transmitter and AE receiver - I wouldn’t be able to use a Wiim as a transmitter (attached to my old receiver’s out) and...
  8. Raphaz

Yep - it looks good and sounds good on paper - but the reviews I read aren’t great. Considering the price tag I expected them to live up to something like the pin quality of an R-2000. But maybe some of you here had better experiences?
  9. Raphaz

Thank you. Was wondering about the AE adapters. I’ll loo into that.
  10. Raphaz

Is there a modern receiver with WiFi and transmitting abilities that is comparable in sound quality (and possibly looks) to a vintage Yamaha R-2000 (or a CR-2040)? I do have a Wiim Pro Plus that I currently use as a DAC and for streaming - but I’d like to add the ability to wirelessly (ideally...
  11. Raphaz

I currently run a bunch of Minimus 7 speakers in a large, open space. They serve as secondary speakers and are driven by a vintage R-2000 ( for the mains I use a pair of Q500 plus a 12” Klipsch sub). I’d like to replace the M7s with powered and/or WiFi speakers as I want to go wireless for the...
  12. Raphaz

Using Wiim Pro Plus timer to trigger other devices

Maybe I can use the Wiim's standby settings in the App. If not, worst case, I'll just leave the Wiim running in play/streaming mode when I listen to other sources during the day. Since all my sources are going to the receiver, once I switch to other sources, the sound coming from the Wiim will...
  13. Raphaz

Wired powered apeakers converted to wireless

Has anyone experience with converting wired, powered speakers to wireless?
  14. Raphaz

cpt-paranoia, while waiting for all the parts to be shipped, I have a follow-up question. With the risk of sounding super silly: When you have this all set up, how do you switch between Wiim-timed, Wiim-controlled and regular use of the receiver(s) - like during the day when you just want to...
  15. Raphaz

Jayvis: I have two old school receivers connected, and 2 speakers and a sub wired to the main receiver, and 6 speakers in other rooms wired to the other receiver. I want to use the Wiim’s wake-up and sleep timer functions, so that when the Wiim starts streaming, all the receivers and the sub...
Back
Top Bottom