Recent content by Raynald

1. Raynald

Any experience with the PSB Image B15?

Sorry for the delay. No longer have the B1 but I now have a Pair of Image 1B on my desktop system which I like a lot. Sound great driven by the little SMSL AD18, sometimes helped by a sub.
  2. Raynald

Sony or Yamaha AV reciever

Another vote for Yamaha. I used to sell both back when home theater was just beginning and I still own Yamaha today.
  3. Raynald

My First New Bicycle Ever!

KTM make good bikes, as a bike designer I appreciate their work Enjoy!
  4. Raynald

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

No, not quite as short though in those pictures they are stretched out and look longer than when she is standing. She definitely has legs that are on the short side, certainly compared to our other cats. But what is does have is the extra short tail, and still pointy like a kitten's. We have...
  5. Raynald

Wow, that could be our Emma!
  6. Raynald

Denon DRM 800

I used to sell those, it is a very nice deck. A bit on the lightweight side for a TOTL deck, that was in the era when companies were cutting back. The previous DRM-44HX were better built but the 800 has excellent electronics and made very good recordings. They were about $800 Canadian new IIRC...
  7. Raynald

The Stick-a-Fork-in-Me-I'm-Done Thread

Done, even thinking of thinning things out.
  8. Raynald

I'm turning 7k !

Congrats, thanks for contributing so much!
  9. Raynald

KEF KUBE 104/2 is the EQ a must have?

Exactly right, the 102 was designed as a three part system, two speakers and the KUBE. Now the KUBE is a mixed blessing. You need it to give the proper frequency response but you are running the signal through extra interconnects and a bunch of fairly cheap op amps. There is a loss of...
  10. Raynald

KEF KUBE 104/2 is the EQ a must have?

Some Kefs were designed with the KUBE as part of the system. These need them to sound right: 102, 103.3, 107, 107.2. The 104.2 was designed before the KUBE came along. An optional one was made after the speaker had been on the market a while. It is 100% optional.
  11. Raynald

That thing is HUGE! What's your largest receiver?B

My Yamaha CR-2040 is not the heaviest monster receiver at 46 pounds but it is 23" wide!
  12. Raynald

KEF C-55 , anybody own/use this speaker ?

The 8000A is a very good amp, a step up from the 3020 in terms of construction quality. The earlier grey ones were a bit grainy and sterile but they improved over multiple generations, the last all black ones with the input added for CD were excellent.
  13. Raynald

We call that "The classic Bill pose". One of our cats used to do it all the time when Bloom County was still running, good for a chuckle every time.
  14. Raynald

KEF C-55 , anybody own/use this speaker ?

Pretty much my experience, we sold PSB and Mirage over the C55 every time. In British speakers the Missions were far more popular. I was and still am a big Kef fan having our ex demo R107 in our living room now, never liked anything about the C55.
  15. Raynald

ACK! THBBFT!
Back
Top Bottom