redcoates7
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hey, I see you haven't been very active on this site like me. I have had contact with you before and I like you am a HUGE Kenwood fan. I just got a pair of L-08M's and a L-08C. I am now on the hunt for a nice set of speakers. Do you know of any LS-1900. LS-1800, LS-1600 or maybe LS-990 for sale. I am just trying to find a good match from about the same time frame as the L-08 (1980).
    I do know that you are a Kenwood fan and I would like to know if you have a Kenwood L-08m?

Regards,
    Rick
    Hey If your willing to ship the KD850 to an APO address I am seriously interested in this turn table.
    redcoates7 we recently got a Kenwood KA-7010, see our post in the Kenwood forum Dual Power Kenwood KA-7010. I am in the process of cleaning it and came across your excellent post on how to get access to the front controls to clean them. Do you recommend after cleaning with deoxit that you apply a fader lube too?

In the nudie picture we have posted for this amplifier on the far right side (side away from the dual transformers), you can see a long plastic bar which connects to a switch at the back near the rear panel. Is this the speaker relay switch you mention in your post on cleaning the KA-7010?

Do you have any ideas on where a service manual for this amplifier could be purchased? Or, what the DC offset for this amplifier would be? Hifiengine does have a service manual for its big brother the KA-7020, would it be safe to use the DC offset values for the KA-7020 in setting the DC offset for the KA-7010? Thanks
    Jeff,

What is your opinion of the Kenwood KD-850? I'm looking for a nice automatic Kenwood TT and this may fit my needs. What is a respectable purchase price?

Regards,
    Rick
    What KA model number is that in your avatar? I had a KA 7100 and just sold it a few months ago for $300. Great sounding amps IMHO the older Kenwoods. I still use a Kenwood Basic M2A that I enjoy very much and I believe it is very underrated.
    Luke-

That's the one! they're a bit odd over there, but very competent. I've had them work on a Pioneer sx-1980 (that was a full restoration) and a couple Kenwood pieces and have been very pleased with the results. they aren't super fast or cheap, but I'd trust them to work on my gear anytime

Jeff
    Hey Redcoates7--

Is your local stereo tech Austin Stereo over on Burnet Rd? Someone else? I'm running into some issues with my Marantz, and despite the wealth of technical info on AK, I know I'm not the one to do the repair. Looking for recommendations . . . Happy New Year!
    Luke
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom