releone71
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Thank you for your comments. What was your own experience with tube output stage vs. original in Arcam?
    Are you willing to sell those boards and if yes, what would be the price with shipping cost to Finland?
    Hi releone71,

I have been thinking to mod my Arcam CD73 with tubes. I found your topic about it and got very interested.
    Do you still have your Arcam CD73 or those boards you had made for the project or any other parts of/for it?
    I'm planning to use Genalex Gold Lion 12AT7 (ECC81) tube as ECC81 was one of the tubes Lampizator mentioned in his Arcam CD73
    lampization project.

Best Regard, Arwio.
    releone71
    releone71
    Sorry, I'm reading now. Yes I have the boards for the output stage and the anode supply. The heaters supply is from the Audiophonics store in France. And no, don't use the ECC81 because the design is an anode follower (=more gain than cathode follower but also more output Impedance). Use low internal Impedance triodes, like 12BH7 (my choice) or Russian 6N6P or 6N30. Lukas Fikus agreed.
    MENTAT designer: bested your preamp at ~1978 Snell-Chicago CES. Then a Ph.D. candidate -since, a retired university professor. AMP-1 remains reference with heavily modified Strickland monoblocks. Made audible improvements to AMP-1 by improving linearity & transient response of output's power supply. Via thermal fans, discrete regulation, mica washers, & 5% bias decrease it has yet to fail since 1982.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom