ripblade
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Sorry for the late reply Glenn.

A bit heat (careful!) from a tool (handheld heating fan) helps to weaken the glue.
    The cap of a bottle glued with some strong double-sided scotch guard attached to the cover and : Voila!

Another guy opened his FR64s that way already- i will do so as soon as i found an experienced bowing-workshop for our project:
    Overhaul, new cables,
    AND! built and bow a longer (12`) arm for the FR64s with precise FR66s measurements.

We are discussing to built this armtube for the FR64s in the German aaa-forum
    (analogue audo association) i`m the threadstarter.
    Sorry, but its in german:
    http://www.analog-forum.de/wbboard/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=73858

cheers,
    gourmet
    I read that you are using the ttweights outer ring. I was just on their site the other day looking at their weights and was looking at the ring also. It looks like they don't make the copper ring anymore and replaced it with a high nickel stainless ring.

I would like to try both but don't really want to drop that much money at once. I'm sure the superweight is better but I was looking at the brass heavyweight as it's quite a bit cheaper. I wonder if it would be too heavy? This would be going on my modified PL-41 with a custom teflon thrust washer.

Maybe the ttclassic would be a better choice mated up with the outer ring?
    I got more news from asia ;-)
    :

You need to use a very thin tip screw driver with a little bit force to remove the spring cover plate. Put the tip the screw driver at the edge in several point with little force and many patience......
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom