Recent content by Ripshift

1. Ripshift

♫ 23-March ♫ New England Winter/Spring FrankenFest 2019

I'll be selling all my cassette stuff. I posted in bartertown thread. I mightdig out a pair ofold speakers. Looking forward to meeting more members and enjoying the show. :lurk: I'm on the fence about bringing my pioneer amp to show it off. Maybe spin up an album. We'll see. Looking like my...
  2. Ripshift

I have a pair of Sennheiser's 650 and I don't like them.

I received the HD6XX yesterday. They sound great to me but the these are only the 3rd pair of headphones I've ever had. Happy to say they work great with my cell here's a clip on what I've read about that.... The HTC 10 uses a stand-alone DAC as well as headphone amp and isn't using the...
  3. Ripshift

I have a pair of Sennheiser's 650 and I don't like them.

I just ordered a set of Massdrop hd6xx after reading about them here. I can't wait to try these with my SA-9100 I was reading somewhere that an old re-capped amp will bring them to life. I can't wait to find out!
  4. Ripshift

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Listening to WAAF while I make my coffee. Just played some Metallica. Getting ready to spin up some more records!
  5. Ripshift

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Best of the Grateful Dead.
  6. Ripshift

New life for old system

Still going strong! I tried recording Emerson Lake and Palmer 3 album set with audacity. I picked up a used spin-clean and have started playing our old records, what fun! I found this EP, looks cool! I'll play it later. I couldn't make it to the Frankenfest unfortunately but I...
  7. Ripshift

Fall New England FrankenFest Saturday October 20th, 2018 Sutton MA

Interesting, I was going to ask about the possibility of a headphones demo at our event.
  8. Ripshift

Winter New England FrankenFest Saturday March 10, 2018 Sutton MA

I really enjoyed listening to the demo of a funky album you were checking out on your equipment! I think that's a big part of the whole essence of events like this. Hearing something obscure on rare equipment, it just doesn't get any better than that! I was hoping to be able to give you a...
  9. Ripshift

Winter New England FrankenFest Saturday March 10, 2018 Sutton MA

Will anyone be doing a clinic or minor tech service? I wouldn't mind having my amplifier double checked since the rebuild!
  10. Ripshift

On the hunt for atf-016 low pass filter

Thanks, I have read several threads and there are a few models that you've listed. I'll keep digging! I just answered a Craigslist ad for a tx-9100 not that I would use that for a donor. If it's good I'll put it right into service!
  11. Ripshift

Thanks, he did understand me! Any thoughts? My tuner lost one channel after a re-cap and the tech bypassed that side. I can definitely hear a difference in sound between the two channels. There is a few threads from years past but nothing lately. :)
  12. Ripshift

I thought I'd use this thread to keep info together. I need an atf-016 for my tx-8100 and saw this board on eBay, is that red cube what I need? I asked the guy but I don't think he understood me. It's from a sx-990
  13. Ripshift

New life for old system

I felt guilty about not de-magn' my deck so before I played too many tapes I picked up a han-d-mag. Should do the job and then some. You usually can't go wrong with the best.
  14. Ripshift

New life for old system

Listening to a pair of Sony 100 watt bookshelves in the basement while I clean the pellet furnace. I'm hoping to spend more time down here cleaning and organizing.
Back
Top Bottom