Recent content by riveraXVX

1. riveraXVX

found my first tube gear....now where to go?

wish I had taken a photo of the cage before putting some elbow grease into cleaning up the vinyl they were absolutely disgusting - when the folks said it looked like it had been in the attic for decades - I believed it. once cracking it open and taking a peek inside looks like it was...
  2. riveraXVX

appreciate it! yep the hot spots are directly on those areas, right over the 7591s and then on the right side above the rectifier tube. it wasn't till we were home with them that I started worrying about the heat spots on the case - since I couldn't pop it open and inspect inside at the time...
  3. riveraXVX

those photos just don't show them haha ;) I can see why i that case it could be an issue though - at some point at the rear towards the 7591s and over by the GZ-34/5AR4 tube hopefully a good sign that the only signs of any of the damage I've found so far in a quick lookover are on that part...
  4. riveraXVX

greetings everyone! been a while since I've posted on the forums - wife and I just bought our first home together back in December and been busy getting settled in.... I am a complete amateur when it comes to tube audio gear. (I just barely know my way around solid state as it is) I'm...
  5. riveraXVX

Sansui au717 in the house!

beautiful! I plan on adding a 717 to our household at some point when more space allows! our Denon PMA-920 shall faithfully continue to do work until then!
  6. riveraXVX

New Category: TAPE find of the day?!?

wife and I are massive cleaning out the office the past two nights and unearthed our personal tapes, decided to scan the cover of the rarest/most sought after tape we own (oddly enough not a band I ever cared much for, christian metal was never my thing, but easily the hardest to find of...
  7. riveraXVX

Best vintage Technics receiver?

we have a Technics SA-5270 doing bedroom duty - didn't pay much for it ($5), minus replacing a fuse in it - it does just fine in the room its in - my old blasted out ears are not very erm "refined" anyway but I consider it a nice simple attractive receiver - it will eventually get upgraded and...
  8. riveraXVX

cheap-o DAC's question. burn-in?

had a question for folks, tried searching around a bit before picking one up, but ended up picking up one of the cheapo $25 DACs from amazon (viewHD) after looking at those, panalong, fiio's and a few others. my question - I know I see people mention burn-in times on DAC's can someone school...
  9. riveraXVX

Is it normal to feel intimidated around here?

small fish in this pond here myself but I figure you make the best with the best gear you have access/money/etc. i've met plenty of people over the years who have way nicer X or Y than I have - but either neglect them, don't use them properly, or simply don't know how (related and not related...
  10. riveraXVX

People with the "Listening Room" and comfy chair..

my wife and I do not own a house yet - in the process of getting ready to and sidelined for a couple months with health issues and then a knee surgery (early 30s be damned! we are both good to go now!). however one requirement for the house (later this year/start of next year is the plan now) -...
  11. riveraXVX

Which Cartridge deserves a JICO SAS & why ?

I like threads like this. I feel like a sponge most of the times reading the forums here - so new to it all - so many things to learn! glad there are such knowledgeable folks around. almost time to purchase our first cartridge upgrade over the stock AT cart that came on our 70s teac DD TT -...
  12. riveraXVX

Where do you guys look for parts? (and HPM100 question)

I lurk the HPM-100 listings a few times a day on ebay - starting back when I got ours - need one more part for them - just keep patient on there you will find decent drivers for a fair price - the listings that are up the past few weeks are very very slim - and the prices are above what they...
  13. riveraXVX

Cartridge question... Pickering vs. Shure

I personally wouldn't want to put much money into a cartridge/stylus going to an unknown buyer who may not want the cartridge/stylus provided in the first place. +1 for if you must sell it with one grabbing the $20 AT and also for simply offering it with no cartridge/stylus and provide...
  14. riveraXVX

Just Picked Up A Nice Pair Of HPM 900's

for $150 that is a smoking deal! looks like they were well taken care of to! have the mids from a pair of 900s in our 100s
  15. riveraXVX

mp3 on the computer

I've been using foobar2k for I believe this year makes a solid decade now! takes a bit of adjusting the interface to get it "prettier" doesn't look sleek like many others but I thought winamp got way too bloated years back and added too many bells and whistles I didn't care about. foobar...
Back
Top Bottom