Rod G-6000
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Rod, how you been? Send me your phone #, my old phone got destroyed and I lost my contacts! 702.234.4329
    Hello, my friend. How have you been? Time to get back into the mix again. I miss this and the good people.
    Rod, Fest is Saturday, man! (not sunday).

Thanks for the note and hope to see you there.
    For some reason when I see that in an add I want to make arrangements to meet the person....then hit them up side the head.
    HI Rod, I am pretty good. Took a break from all the forums. Just picked up a pair of OW2' in Oak finish for $100. They do about 95% of what my 4's can do. Same size as the 1's but internally much more bracing and they weigh a lot more. I may have to rid myself of a set of 1's or maybe my EPI 100's or maybe the Bose 4.2's. Tough choices.
    rod,sorry 2 bother you looking @ A YAMAHA M40 AMP W/AMP CONTROLLER ANY THOUGHTS?PRICE 100BEANS
    rod,speakers sound great!they go well with the luxman and my ev m802s.have not hooked up the eq yet soon!!!!.ps check out cl in hartford klh model 35 and 2 sets of ar speakers ar-2ax ar-4x call me if i need them -dave-
    Hey Bill,
    I put the Pioneer QX-8000A back in rotation yesterday. I almost forgot how sweet this receiver sounds. It seems to push the Infinity RS-5B's with ease and doesn't even get warm.
    I am looking forward to this event. The OW1's I got were as a result of contacting that guy in SC and telling him they were only worth $100, not $500. He bit and relisted them BIN, only $38 shipping too. I have a buddy who is a laminate expert. Might go with something crazy like brushed metal.
    That's going to be an awesome sounding Quad set up!
    I'm hoping to make it this year. I missed last years along with the get together at Marcus's. It's a great time with a bunch of great people.
    Oops, I did it again.
    Just snagged another pair of OW1's for a good price. Now I can hook up my QX-8000 on all 4 sides! That white Hafler amp was nearing $700 last I looked. You going to fall fest ??
    Yes, I love bird's eye maple but you are right about the mismatch of the grain. I would never pay that money for that unit either. I got way outbid on the Hafler, but to be honest my C-V is lower in distortion and -13 db quieter. Had to send it back to get a channel repaired. The Crown sounds like cr@p in comparison.
    On a closer look, I like the grains of the veneer but they did a piss poor job on it. Look at the top. Grain doesn't match. There's glue spots all over and some seeping out of the edges.
    Bill, That case is beautiful. As for the price their asking.....Too high. I sent the wood case for my Kenwood Model Eleven III out to another AK member. He's going to strip it down, repair the broken vent pieces and re-veneer the whole thing. Can't wait to see it when it's done.
    The black one is similar. It's the 500 not 505 though. I could pick it up for $200...maybe a little less.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom