Recent content by rogerfederer

1. rogerfederer

Anyone in the Albuquerque area?

hey, welcome! i loved following your threads from the bay area. i moved back here from VA in 2020.
  2. rogerfederer

Anyone know the Coral Monitor Eight speakers???

@djnagle did you see them?
  3. rogerfederer

Anyone know the Coral Monitor Eight speakers???

i just saw that ad; best of luck!
  4. rogerfederer

Issue w SABA MT 201 Tuner

UPDATE: have had the tuner back in my rig for about a week with no issue. it sounds great. for some reason i'm getting a bit more SPL--have to turn down the preamp a bit when i select tuner--but otherwise perfect. i now use the power switch on the variac to turn it on/off. fingers crossed...
  5. rogerfederer

ok, thanks :)
  6. rogerfederer

OK, was able to dial in 219/220; going to let that go for a couple of hours to see if it stays stable; then will plug in the tuner and see if the fuse blows again; if not, will let it run for a while... thanks again!
  7. rogerfederer

oooh, put the variac 1st...THANK YOU!
  8. rogerfederer

you mean inside the tuner? that is probably beyond my skillset.
  9. rogerfederer

alas, both my variacs are 110/120v input. i tried one anyways thinking it would blow the fuse if the variac couldn't handle the 254V. wrong; killed the variac but not the fuse (maybe a slow blo?). i could buy a variac rated for 240v but that is more $ down this rabbit hole. also, would it...
  10. rogerfederer

OK, interesting. i did have a DAC die a few days before the problem with the tuner....
  11. rogerfederer

a local friend suggested putting a variac in the chain and dialing it down to 220V; will try that...
  12. rogerfederer

years ago i traded a guy on AK for a SABA MT201 tuner. it is german and the manual says its power needs are "220V, 50hz, max 20 watts." SABA MT201 AM/FM Stereo Tuner Manual | HiFi Engine recently it went dead. @Punker X suggested i check the internal fuse and indeed it was blown. i sourced...
  13. rogerfederer

Open Baffle Epiphany!

to each their own, eh? i tried a higher cross point but felt that too much of the music was coming out of the alphas. i use a miniDSP to bring in the alphas; the Liis run full range (i do the same thing with my altec 604Es and helper woofers; i use a higher cross point for them). i set the...
  14. rogerfederer

Open Baffle Epiphany!

how do you like the 150hz crossover point? i have Lii 15s on top and eminence aphas (in H-frames) on the bottom and have crossed at 50hz w 24db slope.
Back
Top Bottom