Recent content by Ross6860

1. Ross6860

Bridge collapse in Baltimore

No headlights on boats or ships. Just your eyes, in the dark. There are navigation lights so other ships can see you, and a big ships horn so you can hear them in the fog. They do have spotlights for emergency lighting and illuminating a dock or another ship. Well, until the advent of radar...
  2. Ross6860

Current, wind... The sides of that ship are like sails. Exactly! The crew needs to be interviewed. Who knows what was going on in the engine room and the pilot house. They could have been having a bunch of issues. Now I hear they got a load of bad fuel? Could have caused a problem, but...
  3. Ross6860

It was reported the ship was single-screw.
  4. Ross6860

Stacked OLA’s

Not much... Running a pair in my "gym" with a Pioneer SX-626 (15-20 watts) and they are louder than I would ever need. I ran stacked NLAs in both series and parallel . I used a Sansui 7000 (85 watts?) and it never shut down or ran too hot. Running them in parallel, you need an amp that is...
  5. Ross6860

Impossible to say with certainty, but highly likely. If they have any design standards at all, the main engines will typically continue to operate and respond to helm commands without the need for electricity until they run out of compressed air. This can take quite a while (several minutes or...
  6. Ross6860

The first ship I sailed on was the SS Sparrows Point in 1979. Sailed for Bethlehem Steel a few times.
  7. Ross6860

Time from lights-out to lights-on was less than 60 seconds. Not bad. Thing is, we have no idea what was going on in the engine room before the lights went out, or after they came back on. Lights out, they probably lost steerage, but the main engines should have still been on line. Granted...
  8. Ross6860

Post Your Bike!

Hey now... I had a '76 FX for a few years. That bike got a lot of compliments. FXR was a much better bike all the way around. I have very few bike or car pics. No idea why. Just never took any photos. I'm a pretty horrible photographer.
  9. Ross6860

Fastest battleship in the world

Beautiful lines. It needs to be preserved. Thanks for the photos.
  10. Ross6860

local weed growing discussions

How bright? All the way up, baby! All the way up! ;) In all honesty, I think I've only burned a plant if it actually grew within a couple inches of the bulbs. As long as I had some distance, no problems. Old school lights, and they are hot.
  11. Ross6860

local weed growing discussions

Everyone has their own methods. Kind of interesting. I don't measure or control anything other than liquid level, pH, and photoperiod. I do change my hydroponic solution three times. Once after about a month and again when I flip nutes/lights to flowering, maybe once more if it's a really...
  12. Ross6860

Cost to sell on eBay

Ughhh! You NEVER ship an amplifier with the tubes installed... So he sold 50,000 things he knew nothing about. FWIW - I have received a brand new amp in factory packaging that had its tubes broken and/or knocked out of their socket (a VOX amp). UPS gorillas haven't changed.
  13. Ross6860

Can´t Give This Stuff Away

You're more of a man than me... Lived in NE Ohio or Northern Michigan my whole life. I don't mess with Mother Nature. Plus, I get colder than I used to after heart surgery. I can't believe I used to love skiing, snowmobiling, hunting Snowshoe Hares, ice fishing. I must have been nuts. Now...
  14. Ross6860

Eddie Bauer has some decent older leather stuff, too. Hercules was a Sears brand. I had a horse-hide riding jacket from the 50s until I got too fat for it. That one sold for a pretty penny on the 'Bay even with a torn up liner. Sears, JC Penney, etc. all had decent stuff "back in the day"...
  15. Ross6860

That's how I got all my vintage leathers. Schott, LL Bean, Cooper, Eddie Bauer, etc, All less than $100. My Filson Double Mackinaw, well it appears everyone knows what one is worth. They want $100 for one that's a total mess. $250 and up for a half-decent one, mint $350 and up. Can't buy a...
Back
Top Bottom