Recent content by Ruidoso Bill

1. Ruidoso Bill

Dynaco Pat5

Quick question, can I bypass the speaker selection and just go output 1 to power amp, from power amp to speakers, no selection required.
  2. Ruidoso Bill

Dynaco Pat5

I know, solid state but I have a question. I have a Dynaco Pat5 and a ST 120 that I use in my garage. I totally rebuilt both units with all new boards and parts from the Dynaco store, actually they turned out great, ... then I started building tube amps. Now I gifted my first SET KT-120 amp to...
  3. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

I am seeing some issues, first with amp #1 the input "magic tube" is not reflecting an input, amp #2 I can see both the input vary and the output vary +/- when I change the input signal. I have an issue with the bias ps. can't seem to change the value, so first I need to find out whats happening...
  4. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

You are always great to encourage, not at all mad, already a 300 watt bulb. With you guys I know I got this.
  5. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

will try this first, thanks K
  6. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

So, do you think I should hook them up, input a signal and see what it looks like on the scope?
  7. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

Well I am struggling getting this amp up and running, I went ahead and built the second mono block channel, what is happening is when up at full voltage, no audio input, amp output into dummy load everything looks fine except about 10 seconds in my dim bulb begins to turn orange and the...
  8. Ruidoso Bill

Kegger/blueglow kt88 project

Other than test, I have never used mine.
  9. Ruidoso Bill

Ul (Ultra Linear} switch is through the 1.2K resistor, Triode mode does not use the resistor and the screen is the same as the plate, hope that helps.
  10. Ruidoso Bill

Lot of work to build that way but very cool! Gotta love it.
  11. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

Edcor XPWR 033 should be 380 v ct to one leg
  12. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

I put the two 3k 25 watt resistors in parallel, B+ steadly 465 VDC & 451 VDC, the lower is after the 5.6K 3 watt, wondering why it isn't more in the 370 VDC +/- range? BTW, these resistors get pretty darn hot quick!
  13. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

I thank you for your detailed response, when dealing with HV it's like riding my old Harley, when one thinks he knows it all, trouble is ahead. I am building up my bench stock, never had a need for anything that value. I never loose respect for HV danger, use the hand in pocket rule when in a...
  14. Ruidoso Bill

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

@primosounds hasn't posted since October, 2019, as a regular just stopped.
  15. Ruidoso Bill

KT-120 Monoblocks

Kevin, I have never loaded a ps with resistors, normally just the amp stage. I am not having a lot of success finding examples other than pc power supplies, I am thinking connect resistors between B+ rails and ground, is that correct? Thanks in advance, I would rather ask a dumb question than...
Back
Top Bottom