Recent content by Sandstrom

1. Sandstrom

Hey! I sent you a PM with some information/observations on that arm. best of luck!

Hey! I sent you a PM with some information/observations on that arm. best of luck!
  2. Sandstrom

Does GM ever have an original styling idea.

A lot of good points being made here. Personally, I would say that styling is pretty dodgy and mimicked across most automakers. I feel that some of the weird styling cues arise from "necessity"/safety: 1) The "shallow" chopped look. I have long suspected that this is due to safety desires...
  3. Sandstrom

What is one of your most prized LPs, and why?

Found this gem sitting on the wall at a permanent flea market record seller's place. I walked in, saw it (my heart skipped a beat) and said to that owner "Is that original?" He told me I was the first person who ever came in that knew what it was. His price was more than I had ever paid for a...
  4. Sandstrom

Unpopular opinion

Very cool I will have to check Darell Lee's and that episode out!
  5. Sandstrom

Unpopular opinion

The black, I am also the guy who will gladly take all of the black jelly beans. My daughter, upon trying black licorice, stated "it tastes like sadness" :)
  6. Sandstrom

Unpopular opinion

I like Licorice
  7. Sandstrom

What was your favorite Saturday Morning Cartoon?

Brilliant! I think you must be correct! :rflmao:
  8. Sandstrom

Mystery speakers - does anyone know what these are?

Nice! Yes I believe these would have originally had sculpted foam grills from what little I have been able to dig up on these speakers. Your choice of beige is excellent and should look beautiful when you are done!
  9. Sandstrom

These are likely Tru-Sonics in name but I suspect that this model is from the early 70s when they were already absorbed into the Utah fold (not the California made stuff from the 50s and 60s. Nonetheless I would be they will sound very nice. You will have to let us know your impressions of them...
  10. Sandstrom

YES and welcome to AK!
  11. Sandstrom

I did a search for JR200M and this image came up from a long gone Ebay listing:
  12. Sandstrom

Those look a lot like Trusonic JR100M or JR200M, both speakers being pretty much the same but the former had a 10" woofer and the latter a 12" woofer. I believe they would have been from around the time that UTAH was the same company (long after the halcyon days of Stephens/Trusonic), they...
  13. Sandstrom

Any thoughts on this TT ???

I agree. I suspect there are probably tables you could find that would equal or better it that will be less expensive because they aren't the Marantz brand that seems to include a premium due to collector desirability. Unless of course you are a Marantz fanatic, in which case have at it! :)
  14. Sandstrom

What would you do? Choice between a Thorens TD-160 and Kenwood KD-550

I had thought about including some recos but this can be such a personal choice. If it were me, I would probably consider seeing if I could get a nice, gently used Sota or VPI if I wanted a belt drive, or Technics SP10 MKII or one of the higher end, Denon DP series if I wanted to go the direct...
  15. Sandstrom

Happy Birthday Cactus Bob!

Cactus Bob rules! Happy Birthday!
Back
Top Bottom