Recent content by satkinsn

1. satkinsn

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

2. satkinsn

3. satkinsn

Affordable used Oppo BDP 83 replacement is?

What Mike said. I had my BDP-83 repaired a few months ago. I think it totaled $65 plus shipping, which would have been cheaper if I did the packing myself. (They paid to send it back to me.) It couldn't have been any easier or better.
  4. satkinsn

I did the same thing: tossed decades of vinyl in 1998, switched entirely to CDs. Deeply regret it. Have been rebuilding my library for the last ten years or so, to the point where I'm mostly vinyl now.
  5. satkinsn

6. satkinsn

7. satkinsn

8. satkinsn

The new Rhino reissue. This is the very best I've heard Change of The Century, better than the version that was in the "Atlantic Albums" LP box set, and which was sourced from the same digital masters as the CD box Beauty Is a Rare Thing (still very good).
  9. satkinsn

Client Player for Flac Files on a Mac Running OS X 10.13.6 - High Sierra

One thing about JRiver - the current/new version requires 10.13 as a minimum host OS. That means a few versions down the road, you won't be able to upgrade. That said, the upgrades tend to be incremental, and you likely wouldn't feel like you're missing anything for at least the next 2-3 years.
  10. satkinsn

11. satkinsn

12. satkinsn

13. satkinsn

How much noise?

I'm embarrassed to report this, but I started the exact same thread five years ago, and have no memory of doing so. <getting old/sigh> https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/how-much-noise-is-acceptable.798466/
  14. satkinsn

How much noise?

One of the things I've read more than once is that older classical LPs in good shape are easier to come by, because classical collectors tended to know more and took better care of their albums. My experience has not borne this out.
  15. satkinsn

How much noise?

I'm curious: how much noise are you willing tolerate on a thrift store/garage sale record, after proper cleaning and care, etc., etc. I ask because I get some records - mostly classical - that have at least a little noise throughout and more than that in places, but I'm not bothered. I have a...
Back
Top Bottom