Recent content by sax6

1. sax6

Rogers LS6 Crossover

Old thread but, found a pair of LS6a with one woofer not working. Tested out the woofer out of the box : perfect ( about 7 ohms ) The issue ? : the bolt holding down the positive ( LF side ) was a bit loose thus making poor, highly resistive connection with the pc board. Thightened up, the...
  2. sax6

Mirage SM-1 vs. Epi 140c

A shot of the Mirage Sm-1 ? Blue woofer or black one ?
  3. sax6

Mirage SM-1 vs. Epi 140c

had the SM1 as a teen. Rock them as hell and they have never quit. That said, they are a nice, well design ( crossover engineering, choice of drivers ) that could be easy to listen to. Could ? .. why ? Because, again, as a teen I did not bother about critical listening. Be aware that drivers...
  4. sax6

Canadian made Diotte Speakers - Anybody knows ?

Well, a buddy of mine bought these.. I'm yet to be invited to audition them. Will get back. Thank you very much for all your responses !
  5. sax6

Yamaha NS-670 - lack of bass

Try swapping + and _ on one speaker and report .... Geez, never heard a pair but, they should render bass.. They are a beauty, at least !
  6. sax6

Yamaha NS-670 - lack of bass

Phase ?
  7. sax6

Dynaco A-25 Questions

I've seen so many odd modifications on these.. watch for driver replacement. If the grilles seem to be tacked, it is a good sign that drivers are original. Good luck on them !
  8. sax6

"The Smaller Advents" or Klipsch KG2s

That is good to know.. and share ! I would have be happy to know this earlier. Thx !
  9. sax6

"The Smaller Advents" or Klipsch KG2s

If you have 250$ on hand, i'd say, get both pairs. If not, I've had SAdvent and they are very enjoyable. Refoam would require correct ( diameter is tricky ) surround. Keep the dust cap cause it is a very important reason the SA sound good. 125$ for Smaller Advent is good but consider refoamin'
  10. sax6

Boston A150

surrounds look like Boston would use
  11. sax6

Acoustic Research AR18J

they did not sport ribbed cones...
  12. sax6

Empire model 5000 Grenadier

Hope it helps .. enjoy them and thank you for sharin'
  13. sax6

Empire model 5000 Grenadier

Wiring looks flimsy.. why would the pot's shaft be inward ( ? ) DIY wirin' ( ? ) Pot is probably there to tame high frequencies ( tweeter ). Found this on the internet https://www.preservationsound.com/2012/08/empire-high-fidelity-complete-c-1964-catalog/
  14. sax6

Realistic Nova 9

Thx for sharin'.. interesting speakers.
  15. sax6

Yet another "help me identify these speakers..."

Designed in Denmark but assembled in .. China maybe ?
Back
Top Bottom