Recent content by scoville

1. scoville

Toyo 6G-E12-6G-E12A

I have been searching for one of these for several years. Snagged one off the auction site and it just cam in. Works great! This very unique square Magic Eye tops off the restore on my Pioneer SM-Q300. I know they fit some Fisher Gear, and others. Anyway, It's a buy it now, just sending out a...
  2. scoville

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Sep 14, 2014
  3. scoville

Anyone in Central Florida area?

Palm Harbor Tony
  4. scoville

Thoughts on how to finish this plinth?

You should polish the slate. There are numerous brands of battery high speed polishers on the market.
  5. scoville

Recommends to repair water damaged plinth on Pioneer PL-3F

Water down the wood glue by mixing to a consistency that will penetrate, Brush on with a cheap but firm disposable brush, The metal handled ones are best for this, work in the glue, cut 1x4 1/8" shorter than the dimensions of the plinth. Pu wax paper between the blocks and plinth. Slowly apply...
  6. scoville

Accoustic Research XB77

The 77 XB will fit an XA plinth perfectly. There are plenty floating around on the auction site.
  7. scoville

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

This one another Peach. Charlie Musselwhite Ace of Harps. Good Stuff
  8. scoville

Finally came across a nice grouping of Blues albums Garage saleing Saturday. It's been quite a few months since I found anything worthwhile. 50 vintage Blues albums 180. They looked very clean, but some mildew due to storage issues, (Fla). I'm just getting started cleaning, playing. My SO out of...
  9. scoville

Tweeter Array Information Please

Thanks, That sounds like an educated guess, there are no markings on anything. I don't see the passives doing anything but muting the sound of the tweets.
  10. scoville

Tweeter Array Information Please

Has nobody ever seen these?
  11. scoville

DIY solution for cleaning old vinyl?

I've never heard of anybody trying Alkaline water in a cleaning solution. I hear it's a great cleaner, and soap is not necessary. There is a place near in Clearwater that sells it in different strengths for quite reasonable. Any resident chemists know if adding a few drops of soap, and alcohol...
  12. scoville

Fisher Roll Call: Whatcha' Got ?

Thanks Dave, I have a small fan around here somewhere. I'm definitely short on space around here but there is certainly room for that fan next to it.
  13. scoville

Reggae Sunsplash "81
  14. scoville

Fisher Roll Call: Whatcha' Got ?

My Brass Birdie. I'm finally a member of the Fisher Tube club. I might have overpaid, but this beauty sounds fantastic, mates rather nicely with my existing components, tube and otherwise. 1959 I'm thinking? So are my Jensen Stereo Directors. The year before I was born. Now that's Vintage!
  15. scoville

Jerk Chicken

I had a Pimento tree I purchased locally I had in a large pot. I used to trim the green wood and add it to the grill. This is what they use in Jamaica to cook over. The same flavor can be obtained by buying bulk Allspice seeds, soaking a handfull in water, wrapping into a foil envelope and...
Back
Top Bottom