Recent content by scubaguy10

1. scubaguy10

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Eric Clapton- At His Best. Haven't played this one for a long time.
  2. scubaguy10

Pairing Vintage Marantz Receivers with TT & Speakers

Marantz 1060 and Large Advents are a classic combination, hard to go wrong there. That's what I'm using in my bedroom system, with a Dual 1226 turntable. That turntable, (recently overhauled) is a real giant killer, impressively quiet for an idler drive, with great punch.
  3. scubaguy10

Pics of your listening space

I recently set up a small analog system for my daughter and son in law. It consists of a ProJect Debut III turntable, an old HH Scott receiver I had laying around, and a pair of Dayton Audio MX 602 speakers. The components match very well. The speakers are an efficient, ported design, which is...
  4. scubaguy10

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

Here's one more of mine. This car was a project but seems to have come right finally. This pic is from the Tail of the Dragon
  5. scubaguy10

Where is the point of diminishing returns?

Everyone here has interesting, and varied perspectives. Many of the enthusiasts here have systems that cost many times what I would consider spending. I have 3 full systems in my house, and the total invested, including necessary maintenance, is about $2,500.00. Admittedly, most of my systems...
  6. scubaguy10

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

A couple of my toys..
  7. scubaguy10

Look what the cat dragged in!

I would do what it takes to make it right. I have a 1060 (apparently the integrated amp version of your receiver), and it has needed serviced at least once. Once working properly, they are great, with a really excellent phono stage. Mine is in a rotation mostly in my bedroom system, and I...
  8. scubaguy10

New console Stereo

So, I got done with hearings today and started to screw around with the console. It was listenable, but definitely muted on L channel. I removed the back, unscrewed, unplugged and removed the turntable, and looked at the rest. It appears that the turntable was mono, only 3 wires connecting it...
  9. scubaguy10

The worst piece of HiFi Equipment you've ever owned?

I've already mentioned my BSR changer (the only thing it changed was the condition of any records you played on it). I had forgotten about a Dokorder cassette deck I had sometime in the late 70s. It actually sounded very good, but broke about 1 month after the warranty lapsed, and nobody could...
  10. scubaguy10

New console Stereo

Actually, I got a rather ratty Dual 1009 with the deal, however 2 tech guys have told me to install a 1200 series Dual instead.
  11. scubaguy10

New console Stereo

After running out of rooms for a new system in my home, I decided to put in a system in my downtown law office. I found this small 1960's RCA console locally, bought it and took it to the office. The radio works pretty well, but the turntable is a lost cause. The plan is to remove the...
  12. scubaguy10

Dual 1228 Copper Pawl Fine Adjustment

Man, I cannot imagine working on those things! Don't get me wrong, I love them. I have a Dual 1226, freshly overhauled by my local guy, and I can't believe how good it sounds! I cranked up Aerosmith, "Get your Wings" yesterday, and it had as much punch and bass slam as I could ever ask for...
  13. scubaguy10

Trying to decide which one to keep Dual 1226 vs Pioneer PL-530

My tech charged me $85 for a full service of my Dual 1226. That's about the cost of a good stylus. Keep the Dual.
  14. scubaguy10

turntable suggestions

A Restored Dual 12xx of virtually any model will work well, except being Bluetooth enabled. However, I believe that the original post is a bad joke.
  15. scubaguy10

Trying to decide which one to keep Dual 1226 vs Pioneer PL-530

The 1225 and 1226 Duals are pretty similar. I think the 1226 has a slightly better tone arm. Properly serviced, these little tables seem to outperform their factory specs. My tech just overhauled mine, with new stearpimpel, lube, and new tonearm wiring. It sounds great, with no audible...
Back
Top Bottom