Recent content by SDA SRS 1.2

1. SDA SRS 1.2

Carver TFM-15, not making full rated power

Hopefully things improved with the Sunfire amps. My Signature Two at 600 wpc/8 ohms with my Polk SDA SRS 1.2’s and Carver C-16 Preamp work very well togethe!
  2. SDA SRS 1.2

Favorite T.V. theme song

The theme from “Search” NBC 1972:
  3. SDA SRS 1.2

Value of Marantz stack? Amp, preamp, tuner, cassette

I don’t know… my 2325 Reciver sounds great with the HD-880 Speakers and has the coveted (by some) “two martini Marantz sound.”
  4. SDA SRS 1.2

Why the hell won’t they give us meters?

I love the one little meter on my amp just because it looks cool - it doesn’t move much! :)
  5. SDA SRS 1.2

Greetings From Evans, GA - Just Joined

Welcome from “Mayberry” (Mount Airy, NC). Purchased my Polk SDA SRS 1.2’s from the old Stereo City in Augusta.
  6. SDA SRS 1.2

CD time counter: up or down?

Have all of mine set to count down as well.
  7. SDA SRS 1.2

"Marantz Sound"

Love the sound of my 2325 Receiver playing through former JBL Chief Engineer Ed May’s designed Marantz HD-880 speakers - a definite “synergy” with those Marantz components!
  8. SDA SRS 1.2

Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL speakers

Congrats! I’ve had mine since new in 1988 and they do love every watt my Sunfire Signature Two amp can deliver!
  9. SDA SRS 1.2

2245 speakers??

The HD or DS series of Marantz speakers were designed by former JBL Chief Engineer Ed May and are a match made in heaven for Marantz speakers. My HD-880’s sound great with my 2325 receiver.
  10. SDA SRS 1.2

Pairing Vintage Marantz Receivers with TT & Speakers

My Marantz HD-880’s sound great with my 2325 Receiver - definitely a certain “synergy” between them!
  11. SDA SRS 1.2

Anyone sell their CD player and CDs???

Never! To me, nothing beats the sound of a well mastered CD when played through a good stereo system.
  12. SDA SRS 1.2

What the best Kabuki speakers you have heard

Those Marantz “kabuki” DS-940’s are actually pretty highly regarded as they were designed by former JBL Chief Engineer Ed May and sound great. If they are considered “kabuki”, then the award winning Polk SDA SRS 1.2’s must be as well (smh). I guess I have a house full of kabuki! :)
  13. SDA SRS 1.2

John C Koss has died

RIP Mr. Kloss. Still have my Phase 2’s from 1975 and newer Pro AAT’s!
  14. SDA SRS 1.2

Amp similar to Marantz 2235 but newer with bluetooth

Your friend is incorrect about the 2325’s original price - from the vintage Marantz site: “This receiver cost $799.95 in 1974 dollars, equivalent to $3,800 today! If you wanted the best this is what the 2325 cost over 42 years ago. In spite of its cost, this unit was one of the most popular...
  15. SDA SRS 1.2

They gave me a 2020 Grand Cherokee as a rental

We’ve had our ‘14 Grand Cherokee V8 since new and it’s been trouble free (probably thanks to the no longer available MaxCare Lifetime warranty which I purchased when I ordered the Jeep). It saved our bacon several times when we lived at the top of a NC mountain through several ice storms. With...
Back
Top Bottom