Recent content by Seamaster

1. Seamaster

Coincident Frankenstein 300B SET

So they are very transparent
  2. Seamaster

How do you guys like Jupiter Copper in paper Vs. Audyn Copper Max Vs. VCap CuTF???? Also what do you guys think those Rubycon YXF? Can I improve them?
  3. Seamaster

I never liked the TFTF caps as they sound too Hi Fi, not real IMHO. I have had my preamp since 2013, and I did not know much about caps at that time. Am I happy with SGO? sometimes I do sometimes I don't. The SGO is very system dependent, they are always walking on a fine line between musical...
  4. Seamaster

Can you please tell me more about those, and maybe their sound signature as well.
  5. Seamaster

Thanks for finding that, I was looking and looking..... I will defiantly investing 942C, sounds really promising, BTW, can you identify the two .47uf caps in my amp? Thanks.
  6. Seamaster

Oh, I will take note of that, so the Z cap is bright even used as bypass in power supply?
  7. Seamaster

Any more help? thanks.
  8. Seamaster

Why is freakin solder so expensive????

Yeah, I had my solder almost at max at that time, LOL
  9. Seamaster

Thank you. Does Cornell-Dubilier 942C have natural timbre like copper caps? https://www.mouser.com/c/passive-components/capacitors/film-capacitors/?m=Cornell%20Dubilier&series=942C looks like the 942c do not have higher than 460VDC
  10. Seamaster

Is Copper V-Caps (CuTF) is going to change the tonal balance toward to cooler side? Thanks. I have Mundorf SGO in my preamp, I found them have a hair of too much HF energy.
  11. Seamaster

Why is freakin solder so expensive????

Can you guys hear the difference between good and bad solder? I have used Mundrof solder with 9% silver, man it is hard to use and hard to get shiny joints
  12. Seamaster

I don't have the schematic of the stereo Frankenstein 300B but here is what's going on in the mono block version:
  13. Seamaster

A new 300B SET in the house, I ordered from Coincident in Canada. The amp sounds wonderful from hour zero considering the parts they put in there (see pictures), big applause to Mr. Blume as an amp designer. Those no name MKP 0.47uf coupling caps are really an eye sour though. What do you guys...
  14. Seamaster

Tekton Owners Thread

I watched a few the New Record Day reviews, he often gloss over things and I don't think he knows what is he doing half of the time. BTW, I have been listening to a same pair of Tannoy Turnberry SE for over 10 years, also have a pair of Zu Druid MKV Rev.A with Radian 850 HF drivers in the...
  15. Seamaster

MC75 Reiussed, Did I Made the Right Chioce?

MC225 and mC240 are the two another Macs that are worthy to keep. Music is always colored, for example, the voice of CÉLINE DION is not the same like 20 years ago, her voice is colored now compare to her prime time, LOL. I look that the music rather like art works not engineering pieces, it is...
Back
Top Bottom