Recent content by shelbygt

1. shelbygt

Need help troubleshooting my Sansui BA 3000 left channel

I’d like to have someone who really knows what they’re doing completely go through both the CA 3000 and BA 3000.
  2. shelbygt

Thank you, sir. I picked up some Klipsch Chorus II a week ago. I've been driving them with my Sansui 1000A and they sound spectacular but run out of gas when I really lay pipe. Holy phuck! The CA/BA 3000 drives these Chorus to crystal clear, ear-piercing levels before I finally cry uncle. Jesus...
  3. shelbygt

Both channels are working! The subsonic switches were mid-transition, meaning neither in or out, but in between. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. shelbygt

Okay, blue and gray back to original, swapped red and yellow. The left channel is working, the right isn't. I think that relay 01 was picking but I wasn't looking at it from the right angle. It's picking every time. I also put driver boards back to their original locations.
  5. shelbygt

Okay. Should i put the blue and gray wires back to original positions first?
  6. shelbygt

Okay, I swapped the blue and gray wires. The left channel now works, but the right doesn't now. Relay one is picking now, unless, it was before and I wasn't seeing it right? What is this telling me?
  7. shelbygt

Digging a little deeper. Relay 01 on F-2511 is not picking. I got it to pick once and was actually playing music through the left channel for a while, then it died again after a few minutes of play. I notice when I power up both meters deflect. When I power off, both meters deflect. It never...
  8. shelbygt

Yes sir. Trying to figure out how to move it?
  9. shelbygt

All fuses have continuity. I’m scratching my head.
  10. shelbygt

My amp has been in storage a good year or so. Now the left channel seems to have given up the ghost. I swapped the F-2507 channel boards and it didn't help. I'd sure appreciate some help with this.
  11. shelbygt

Panasonic RE-7300 Multiplex

Here’s a long shot. Picked this guy up yesterday. One speaker blown and corresponding channel is weak. Is there a snowball’s chance in hell anyone has documentation on it? I know it’s not high end and is likely on nobody’s radar. I just think it’s a neat piece.
  12. shelbygt

Looking for suggestions on AVR/two channel

I see. I mostly run old Klipsch horned speakers (Cornwall, LaScala, Klipschorns, KG4’s). They sound great with tubes. Originally I had them hooked to B&K solid state. Quite frankly they sounded horrible. I’ve been contemplating trying a quality, solid state setup such as McIntosh. The old...
  13. shelbygt

Looking for suggestions on AVR/two channel

How do you like your C28? What speakers are your mains?
Back
Top Bottom