Recent content by sinnerboy

1. sinnerboy

Sunday afternoon nothing to do....

So I made this. I like the Mr. Clean pads clean my stylus, having a chunk laying on the plinth always made it look like I forgot to throw away my cleaning pad. So I had some scrap wood (bocote I think) and whipped this out. Curiously the hardest part was cutting the magic sponge into a clean...
  2. sinnerboy

AR Turntable New Plinth!

Brazilian Rosewood is highly desired in guitar building for fretboards and necks. Great tone wood. Beautiful plinth BTW....
  3. sinnerboy

NYC Thiel smartsub and speakers

On marketplace, Thiel smartsub and speakers. I have not heard of the smartsub, maybe post Jim? I can't tell what speakers these are, perhaps cs 6? If so, this could be a decent deal at $1500 https://www.facebook.com/share/BuQNQfrHhh5hVFSP/?mibextid=kL3p88
  4. sinnerboy

A Review of the Dayton Audio HTA100BT Amplifier

I actually sold the HTA200 after finding an Odyssey Khartago (I know, whole different thing) because I had a pair of Dahlquist that needed the extra juice. Loved it while I had it tho.
  5. sinnerboy

Fun Factoid Of The Day

If you add up my birth month, day and year (2 digit) you get my height in inches
  6. sinnerboy

Dahlquist DQ-10 restoration, almost finished!

Finally was able to promote my partially-restored DQ-10's up to the main listening room. My restoration included recapping the crossovers, replacing all the wires with correct-colored 18 ga. (wires to various drivers) and 14 ga. (wires to crossover from input and LPads). Somewhere in their...
  7. sinnerboy

Tonearm recommendations - Victor TT-61/71

I'm loving my Victor TT-61 and TT-71 motors coupled with a Victor UA-7045 tonearm. When I was assembling the turntable, I cut a couple of extra armboards in anticipation of getting another arm. I think that time has come, thinking maybe I want a 'long' arm to mount my Audio Technica AT-OC9/ML...
  8. sinnerboy

Help with Pioneer PL-540

Study the internals a bit and get to know how the auto-return should work. From memory, there is an adjustment for the point where the arm lifts and returns, a screw by the tonearm base. If you move the tonearm towards the spindle, you will see the adjustment screw present itself thru the...
  9. sinnerboy

Kenwood fans, nice NOS collection

Facebook marketplace has this listing in Sea Cliff, NY. Nice collection of various Kenwood/Trio stuff, Teac tape decks, Sansui and AR. No affiliation. https://www.facebook.com/share/Wo5zZqc4Lntp4e8T/?mibextid=kL3p88
  10. sinnerboy

Pioneer PL-530 tonearm return

There is a plastic gear attached to the bottom of the tonearm shaft, when it cracks and start slipping, all kinds of weird things happen. I super glued mine back together and it worked fine. I tried running thru my mind exactly why this symptom would occur, but it's happy hour time here so I...
  11. sinnerboy

Missing PL-41 Tonearm Nut

Would that be considered a sub-weight? That would explain why they seem to be missing.
  12. sinnerboy

Well, this was interesting. Victor TT-61 content

Fair enough. First pic simply shows the 3 screws removed to lift the control panel up. Second pic shows the "perpetual wheel" that turns when the power button is pushed. The microswitch is engaged by a cogs in the power wheel. The blue wire appears to be the culprit, it evidently would...
  13. sinnerboy

Well, this was interesting. Victor TT-61 content

Getting ready to spin the Montrose album, power the step-down converter, the phono stage and notice the 33 rpm led is on and the platter is spinning, but the speed indicator is dark. So I hit the power button and the speed display turns on, 33 indicator light stays on, but the platter stops...
  14. sinnerboy

Project DQ-10 update

These didn't have the crossover grilles when I got them, but that's good to know. One thing I didn't mention was that I have some angle brackets I'm going to paint black and install at the corners of the grill frame since that is the default "handle" when lifting.
  15. sinnerboy

Project DQ-10 update

Once again, thanks to Blue Shadow, I'll see what I can find. I hauled them upstairs and hooked up to my Khartago and played the requisite Your Latest Trick. I can tell a difference, the restored is more open, stronger voicing across the spectrum. So I'm calling phase 1 a success. On to the...
Back
Top Bottom