Recent content by SLTHORP

1. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

I have Boston Acoustics T-1000 speakers, and with the KR-5600 sounded full and warm just like you describe your KA-4006, with a strong low end as well. Is it possible that my speakers are not a good match for my amp?
  2. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

I took the cover off of the amp and looked at ALL of the capacitors on the Control Board, here is what I found: according to the service manual Ci3 and Ci4 should be 330uF 10WV, they have been replaced with 330uF 16WV, according to the service manual Ci5 and Ci6 should be 47uFuF 10WV, they have...
  3. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying. If Ci7 and Ci8 are below 10uF higher frequencies will be cut off and if above 10uF lower frequencies will be cut off? Or is it if below 10uF higher frequencies will be boosted and if above 10uF lower frequencies will be boosted? Sorry, not...
  4. S

Boston Accoustics T-1000 advice needed

So if each speaker has one original woofer at 2.6-2.7 ohm and one copy from Midwest Speaker Repair at 4.9 ohm can the impedence mis-match affect SQ?
  5. S

Yeah, not my first brain fart today either. Corrected
  6. S

So right now each speaker has one original woofer at 2.6-2.7 ohm and one copy from Midwest Speaker Repair at 4.9 ohm, working but concerned about changes in SQ
  7. S

Those are the speakers I mentioned, they are 3.8-3.9 ohm, but again not sure what affect the impedence difference would do since my originals are 2.6-2.7 ohm.
  8. S

Turns out that is exactly what happened, someone had swapped a woofer from a T-1000 series 2, mine are series 1, they have different woofers. So I took them to Midwest Speaker Repair, had the crossovers rebuilt, checked ferro fluids, one woofer had a wire broken that had to be repaired, so that...
  9. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

Those are in the control section of the amp, what are they for?
  10. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

I have considered this because there is a tendency during restorations to increase capacitor sizes, I know that the power rail capacitors were increased
  11. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

Done that, not the issue
  12. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

Loudness was not on, I do not like using loudness because it makes the bass boomy.
  13. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

I do not have a scope, but while it was at Absolute Sound Labs in Savage, MN they ran several types of "sweeps" and found nothing.
  14. S

KA-7100 lacking bass

I bought a KA-7100 off Ebay 2 years ago from a guy who had restored it, even sent a baggie full with all the parts replaced such as capacitors, some resisters and diodes, trim pots, relays, etc, so it seemed that he was fairly thorough. Upon setting it up into my system the bass was weak, fat...
  15. S

Stand alone digital music player

Yes, I understand what a DAC does, was not thinking I guess.
Back
Top Bottom