Recent content by soundboy

1. soundboy

Los Angeles based music. What’s your favorites???

Toto featuring Linda Ronstadt and David Lindley
  2. soundboy

Mid Level CD Players / Changers

Why not the all new Yamaha CD-C603 5 disc changer? https://www.crutchfield.com/p_022CDC603B/Yamaha-CD-C603.html?tp=197
  3. soundboy

New vs Old......I'm sold

I am just glad that there are still mainstream audio companies that make affordable components in today's market.
  4. soundboy

High End CD Players - 2024

Any of the Yamaha or Denon player would be a good choice.
  5. soundboy

New vs Old......I'm sold

No pre-outs for 701 or 801 as well. I mentioned on the previous page that I purchased an A-S701 while it was on sale. I ended up return it for the R-800N receiver because for a couple of hundred dollars more, I gain a new DAC, room correction, AM/FM tuner with streaming capability, and...
  6. soundboy

New vs Old......I'm sold

A couple of months ago, the Yamaha A-S501 was on sale and it was discounted to about $450.00 brand new. The A-S501 is basically the A-S500 with an internal DAC. I think Yamaha may be on the verge of updating its line of integrated amps.
  7. soundboy

New vs Old......I'm sold

I didn't realize the Yamaha integarated amps, in particular the A-S701 and A-S801, have so many fans. In another thread on this forum, I mentioned I purchased an A-S701 while it was on sale at Crutchfield. Little did I know that the above pictured R-N800A is currently on sale at Crutchfield at...
  8. soundboy

Looking for new integrated amp - advice/suggestions requested

I got a new A-S701 from Crutchfield less than a month ago for under $680.00. I suppose I go have gone with the A-S801 but its DAC section isn't exactly state of the end either.
  9. soundboy

New CD player? New DVD player? Fix Oppo?

Have you check with Oppo again? They are still servicing their players unless there are no part parts for your player.
  10. soundboy

What has happened to Sony's audio range?

In the US, Sony recently introduced a new line ES-Series home theater receivers. Highly regarded, I have heard. However, as the co-inventor of the CD and SACD formats, it doesn't offer even one single player. Even in Japan.
  11. soundboy

Best budget SACD player?

What that means is the the Oppo players do not have dedicated stereo analog outputs. Just set up the player to prioritize stereo SACD playback even when a multichannel SACD is inserted. The player will locate the separate stereo (or mono) DSD mix and begin play.
  12. soundboy

Sony UBP-X700: Plays SACD

Note that SACD can only be output via the HDMI output. In other words, you will need a receiver/pre-pro with a HDMI input that do DSD conversion to analog.
  13. soundboy

R.I.P. Carl Weathers.

After Carl Weathers' passing, the president of the Directors Guild of America issued a lengthy statement about the contributions of Mr. Weathers.... “Today we mourn the loss of a great hero to the DGA and the entertainment industry. The world may have seen Carl as an iconic actor, but here at...
  14. soundboy

New vs Old......I'm sold

The new Yamaha R-N800A network receiver is very similar to the A-S801 and offers room correction, pre-outs, AM/FM tuner, access to internet radio, etc. It's not that much more than the A-S801.
Back
Top Bottom