Recent content by soundweasel

1. soundweasel

Picked up a Nikko Gamma 1 tuner -- How do I clean dial glass?

Good news -- Delihaus and me were able to silkscreen a new dial glass. Took a long time to research and test multiple ink blends, several attempts, and Paul doing extensive touch up with an Exacto knife and magnifier! IMHO it looks pretty darn good! Shout out to Paul for his extensive...
  2. soundweasel

Technics SL-1700 MKII cueing system problem

Hi Jose: Did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same issue with my SL-1700 MKII. None of the recommendations given in this chain work. Please let me know if you found a solution. Regards, Doug
  3. soundweasel

(re)painting audio component cases

I'll give the duplicolor brand a shot. The fan-shaped spray pattern makes perfect sense for what I'm doing, And clean with acetone wipes beforehand, :thumbsup:
  4. soundweasel

Anyone in Oswego NY area heading East to Boston area?

Is there anyone in the Oswego, NY area headed east anytime soon? I need to have a tuner transported to Newton, MA which is just outside of Boston. Please let me know. Thank you!
  5. soundweasel

:no::no:The entire piece has been stripped with a wire wheel and cleaned with denatured alcohol. There’s nothing but bare steel. I’m 100% certain nobody has been using silicone polish in my basement. :no:
  6. soundweasel

Clarification -- 3 cans. A "fresh" can per attempt! :mad: Fortunately Home Despot has refunded my $ for all of them. I'm thinking Rust Oleum has tampered with the formula or the retailer doesn't store them properly. I think I've given both entities plenty of opportunity. :(
  7. soundweasel

For the past decade I've used Rust Oleum "Textured" spray paint (https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/stops-rust/textured/) to refinish audio component cases with excellent results. I never used a primer -- just rough up the surface to receive the paint, tack cloth to remove...
  8. soundweasel

This sounds great! I'd love to try before I buy! I've been shopping the hobby sites for suitable sizes and fonts but they only mention the model scale numbers but that doesn't tell me how big the numbers actually are. How can I PM my address to you? Heck -- send me an email at jensdjj@gmail.com...
  9. soundweasel

So Mr. Hardy -- where can I get a dial decal for this or any other unit? :( I kn ow I swore I'd be careful but the glass shifted in its frame, tearing the numbers that were (unknown to me) stuck to the metal! :oops: I feel sick. What did you do when this happened to you?:dunno:
  10. soundweasel

Soundweasel reborn as Soundchaser1 and restored as Soundweasel.

OK -- LUVINVINYL reinstated me as Soundweasel. :D
  11. soundweasel

Nah, although it feels like it the result is far from being as attractive as a butterfly. My in-laws passed away in rapid succession. Lost job, found job, company layoff, no job, the usual stuff that life throws at everyone. Missed the AK community -- it's a positive outlet populated with like...
  12. soundweasel

Done. I've only worked on Marantz units and was usually able to resolve dial dust with a shot of compressed air. Not going to work this time. Cheers!
  13. soundweasel

Mr. Hardy, how nice to once again be in contact with you! I was hoping to avoid the disassembly process with a few shots of compressed air, but I am compelled to do the job properly, so I've already completed the disassembly process. However, I am going to save the document you provided should I...
  14. soundweasel

Picked up a clean, operational Nikko Gamma 1 yesterday for relatively small money. The only "cleanliness" issue are the dust particles sandwiched between the dial class (with the numbers on it) and the protective glass (plexi). This arrangement was apparently meant to keep dust out but has...
  15. soundweasel

I'm back! I couldn't remember which email I originally used to sign up as Soundweasel all those years ago, so I've signed up as Soundchaser1. If anyone knows how I can continue as Soundweasel without knowing that original email I'd appreciate your insights. I'm about to pull the trigger on a...
Back
Top Bottom