Recent content by Spacey37308

1. Spacey37308

Learning to Fly

How about Flying High Again by Ozzy? Came out during my psychedelic period and was a Randy Rhoads fan.
  2. Spacey37308

A super rare maybe one of a kind console

A friend and I harvested 1 of the Allen organs last year that had 1 of the 20 watt amps in it. I am looking for another one. It also had one of the speaker cabinets, but the former owner tested it before we got there and burned up the Jensons inside of it. I refurbed the cabinet and made a...
  3. U S Recording Logo

U S Recording Logo

4. Spacey37308

Universal Remotes for Int. & Pre Amps. Luck?

If you can find one of the old Marantz RC2000 mk II learning remotes, you can control just about anything out there that runs on infrared. Be sure you have the users manual to learn how to use the macro and clone modes.
  5. Spacey37308

Gyrophonic Projector

I have one of these cabinets. I gutted the inside and made a turntable stand with record storage underneath.
  6. Spacey37308

Zappa - Hot Rats, Grand Wazoo, Waka / Jawaka, One Size Fits all, Overnight Sensation, and

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Zappateers. A great site that has literally everything live that was recorded by fans and fanatics. Even some studio work that was never released. Probably not the best choice for beginners, but pretty neat for the initiated.
  7. Spacey37308

Tube tester info needed please

The resister was burned because of a bad solder joint on the line adjustment control pot. The pot had been replaced some time earlier and I found the solder joint while replacing various resisters that had drifted out of spec. I have a 560ohm resister, just not big enough. The burned resister is...
  8. Spacey37308

Tube tester info needed please

Hi Glenn, I was gifted an earlier Precision Apparatus 10-12 Tube Master yesterday. I had the same problem with the meter not moving. I opened it up and found a 560 ohm resister burned in half. I haven't replaced the resister yet, but I tried to test a AA battery and had success. The meter moved...
  9. Spacey37308

The best tubes for the FX Audio are EF-95 and should look like the ones pictured.

The cheap Chinese pre -amps use 6J1, 5654, 6AK5 .
  10. Spacey37308

Unpopular opinion

I usually just lurk around AK and try to learn a few things, but this thread has consumed my nights for two nights running. If I was working for a company right now, my bosses would be super pissed at me but I would blame it on this unbelievably long thread. Thanks to all . Unpopular opinion...
  11. Spacey37308

Best way to clean a CD player lens...

I got lucky a couple weeks ago and scored a Marantz CD Recorder 300 at Goodwill for under $20 bucks. It would read every 3 or 4 cds so I took it apart and cleaned the lens yesterday (Thursday). While I was at it, I cleaned and re-greased the rails. Now it reads everything I have put into it and...
  12. Spacey37308

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Poultrygeist, yes they do have alinco motors. I have 1 set of speakers built and was going to build a set from 12 inch Rola's and see which ones I like better. I have been learning about crossovers but honestly I haven't a clue yet.
  13. Spacey37308

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Hello, I have been given several sets of 12 inch Heppner speakers from organs. One of the sets are smooth and the other one has ridges. Anybody tried these in a open baffle setup? They are 16 ohm so I'm going to use 2 per speaker to make them more compatible with my amp. Haven't figured out what...
  14. Spacey37308

Knight Speaker cabinets, I have an idea...Can anyone help?

I have a trio of Knight speakers but they are 3002 . 8 inch woofers and 2 inch tweeters witch are Jensens in mine.
Back
Top Bottom