Recent content by Stevedel

1. Stevedel

E-bayed MR 67 tuner.

I found a lovely looking MR 67 tuner on E-bay the other day, The gentleman said that it had been re-capped and aligned.The main power supply cap looked like a new RS industries so I took a chance. It arrived Monday via Fed-ex, very good so far. Upon opening the carton, I can truly say that I...
  2. Stevedel

Electrovoice 848A CDP horns

I seem to have acquired 2 Electrovoice 848A CDP horns. The first has an 828 driver, with an open circuit, the second has an 1828 driver. I do have a pair of 1829 drivers which are listed for the FC100 horn which is the same as, I believe, the 848A. Here is my question: Would the larger diameter...
  3. Stevedel

Mis-matched folded corner horn enclosure

After reading more about the Aristocrat, it seems to develop enough bottom end. Even with the lowest cost driver (12TRXB). I should probably use them. I feel that there is a need to raise their location, on the speaker baffle, as high as I can get it as to minimize the distance between the bass...
  4. Stevedel

Forgive me guys, I'm about as wrong as I can be. I thought the Regency was a box with cutouts along the side. As you can see, it's a whole different animal. I can't show my Aristocrats because I can't take possession of them for a bit longer. I bought them on E-bay and had my cousin pick them...
  5. Stevedel

Don't give it a second thought, you guys certainly know more about this than I do. Anything that you can add to the mix is greatly appreciated. As far as being at ear level, the smaller Aristocrats will be setting on a pair of microwave tables that add 30 inches to their height. They will also...
  6. Stevedel

Looking good Alteclipsch. It appears that your Royal is an Aristocrat increased about 25-30 percent. Good luck with your project. It may be something that I may consider in the near future. I have the Aristocrats and only need to cut the speaker baffles for the new drivers. There is a lot of...
  7. Stevedel

Quite a coincidence, 604man.
  8. Stevedel

No worries, my friend. No Aristocrat enclosures or speaker baffles will be injured in this expirement. Doing a little more research... The fs or "free air resonance" of the 130A, 2220A or 2220B JBL LF driver is 37 Hz. Exactly what the Aristocrat is asking for.
  9. Stevedel

BFH? Brociner Folded Horn? I have seen plans for those. Looks like a nice design. I also like the Centurion. But first, let me get my feet wet with the Aristocrats. It will be a 600 mile trip to get them home. NMFS. (Next month for sure.)
  10. Stevedel

Altec 806A drivers. I also have a pair of JBL 175DLH horn/lens/drivers but I'd like to save those for a different application. I was of the opinion, perhaps mistakenly, that horn speakers were fairly forgiving of the drivers used. I should probably look for a pair of JBL D-131 12 inchers. The...
  11. Stevedel

Before I start cutting a speaker baffle I thought I should run this past you folks. I seem to have acquired a pair of Electrovoice Aristocrat folded corner horn speakers. They are designed for a 12 inch bass driver and I could be content with that. I won't be able to take possession of these...
  12. Stevedel

Rectilinear

Thanks for the thread, Ohiomike. Back in "the day" I had, and still have, a pair of Mini III's. I spent many hours listening to a friends III's powered by a MC2100. Always lusted for a pair. Found a pair with rust/brown grill cloth on E-bay about 5-6 years ago (same as my Mini III grill...
  13. Stevedel

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Say, Boreas, is your "lively little pinky" (your posting #4762) a nudie? It looks an awful lot like my S999VE-ERD in posting #1377.
  14. Stevedel

One thing is for sure. Empire made some stuff that we can really "groove" on.
  15. Stevedel

If you care to go back to page 69, in this thread (Anyone else running vintage Empire), postings # 1375, 1376 and 1377, you will find images of several Factory Empire stylus replacements and a couple of those by JICO.
Back
Top Bottom