Recent content by strat68

1. strat68

TV Media Player as audio only device for flac, wav, mp3

Wondering if anyone uses an older TV media player for audio only? I see some of these "older" ones such as Seagate GoFlex are pretty cheap on used market. Though usually sold without the plugin HDD. I want to start cheap to get into it, as I do not have enough flac files yet to warrant a NAS...
  2. strat68

KLH Seventeen tweeter cover removal and repair

Thanks, from the donor pair of speakers at first test both tweets worked when connected to my garage system before opening the cabs up. On opening them up and pulling the tweeters one was marked N.G. This one reads 3.7 ohm. From my original pair, the one not working shows no reading. I guess...
  3. strat68

Thanks guys, so MM -> check if open. Does that mean continuity test? Or ohms?
  4. strat68

Hi, I'd like to have a crack at repairing two broken KLH-17 tweeters. This is for getting a donor pair with water damaged cabs up and running for garage use. Therefore, I would like to take a crack at fixing them rather than spending more. There was a discussion here, but I can't find it...
  5. strat68

Have these Model 17s been molested in the past?

Ha, didn't think of that, better than my thought leaning toward vibration and damping. It's on every one I've seen in person, and on restore pics here and on CS forum.
  6. strat68

Have these Model 17s been molested in the past?

Dumb, but curious KLH question, why the single piece of masking tape along only one edge of the crossover plate? Saw the same on my restore pair which appeared "unmolested" and also a donor pair. When restoring my good pair I removed the old dried out/flakey tape and replaced it with blue...
  7. strat68

Renovation of my KLH 17's is complete (long)

Thanks for the replies. I didn't forget to follow up, I made a video which I was going to link, playing a few tunes (excerpts) but the new copyright detectors blocked the audio. I figured it would be ok if it was brief, but I was wrong. So about two weeks after my last post, I got a second pair...
  8. strat68

Renovation of my KLH 17's is complete (long)

Found a pair of these 17s in a thrift store yesterday. They were marked $5.99 for the pair, and.. it was 50% day for those who had the thrift store's phone app so I grabbed them. Condition is decent, one is missing a badge- I should have looked around on the floor at the thrift. If it did...
  9. strat68

Need Help with Onkyo TA-630 Belt Replacement

Charles, just wondering how you made out. I have one with the same issues looks like a thicker flat belt and a thin 1/16 or less round belt. Do you remember where you got the belts, and how did the install go. Was speed and all good? Thanks!
  10. strat68

Belts from non-Audio supply stores - hydraulics, pumps, etc.

True, but the supply houses have sheets with the specs in inches or metric for thickness, inside diameter, outside diameter, and tension "shore" scale. Just need to be careful in your selection as mentioned previously.
  11. strat68

That price isn't bad, I didn't want to name names- but I saw one for $60. Of course I gave the name away in my other reply :)
  12. strat68

FYI, dvd players are now dirt cheap at thrift stores maybe even south of ten bucks on sale days. I was in the back of one dropping off old furniture and the employee said, hey you need a blu-ray player? Just got this in. He put a low price sticker on it, practically gave it to me- it was a...
  13. strat68

Has anyone looked into such? I was looking at Grainger and local supply stores for o-ring type belts. Seems a huge markup when buying from audio brands or even aftermarket/upgrade websites (don't want to name names). I'm thinking many of these belts are sourced from industrial supply houses...
  14. strat68

Omron Relays at Digikey

OK I will pull it and post some pics. Thanks. P.S. Don't think it's an LY as the pins were side-by-side 3/3.
  15. strat68

Omron Relays at Digikey

Is the above a typo- Digikey doesn't have a result with the "-04-" in the middle. So if Omron or Panasonic 4PDT are the right spec: PN Digikey# Description MY4-02-DC24 Z2634-ND 4PDT, 24VDC, PC-Mount HC4-HP-DC24V 255-1921-ND 4PDT, 24VDC, PC-Mount...
Back
Top Bottom