Recent content by Sue Anders

1. S

ADS L10 Bookshelf Speakers

Far as I know he is, he re-did ours last year.
  2. S

They do have very decent bass for their size, they're a great speaker for a small room like my 11 x 10 office. The fact that Rich So can re-build ADS's excellent tweeters is great as they're a big part of what makes them such truly excellent small speakers. IIRC we paid about $100 for them new...
  3. S

We have a pair we bought new around 1980 as a Xmas present. We already had L-710s and used these as remotes They sound great for small units and have that nice ADS upper-end we love and decent bass. When the 710 woofer surrounds disintegrated around 2000 we didn't know they could be fixed so...
  4. S

Scott don't get much love either!

My understanding is after the bankruptcy in late '73 Scott was sold to their European distributor, but that lasted only for a year or so, then was sold to Emerson Electric, and the later '70s units I'd read were allegedly made by Hitachi (?) Here's some pics of the innards of a 1972 US-made...
  5. S

HarmAn Kardon 330c - Static only on left channel while listening to the FM/AM

Probably because A, O, and I can sound very similar or the same in English depending on usage, and many folks tend to spell by sound. Also since they are proper nouns any of those vowels could used potentially and still be correct.
  6. S

Makes zero sense to me that a low or mid-power Marantz receiver will bring 2, 3 or 4 times what an equivalent early '70s US-made Scott will. I had a new Marantz Model 28 (1972) that I bought new back then, next a Pioneer sx-626, and friends have mid-70s mid-power Marantz units. My current HH...
  7. S

Having been mostly a tube lover of US-made audio for the past 60 years, recent delving into US-made SS receivers has been quite enlightening. This started partly since the cost of the good tube stuff had escalated greatly over the past 20 years, so new horizons were needed and prices of the...
  8. S

Attention Fairchild Freaks!

I meant Jack White, not Jack Black! wrong color! lol
  9. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

Thanks, great info. The Magnecord 1020 (and 1024, 1021 &c) are Solid State, no tubes, so that may (or not?) be a plus. The transport seems good and works, not tested for sound yet. Looking for a free copy of the service manual to download, don't want the $69 (!) Marty Gasman wants on eBay.
  10. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

I was in error, looking on the "web" it is a 1020 model, evidently essentially the same transport mechanism and internals but in a more compact format and well worth some effort to put it back into service, it seems from the comments.
  11. S

Parts for a Sony TC-250 Reel to Reel

Thanks! Double checked and yes it is indeed Sony part # PP30-4202 as on the parts list above. Is the eBay PP102-4202 the same?
  12. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

Just looking to play back tapes, some factory pre-recorded ones my uncle had, Mantovani etc, and our wedding service, recorded on an Sony in August of 1971, that we have never heard since then! lol Hope that tape survives!
  13. S

Magnecorder Reel to Reel

Our Uncle has a Magnecorder 1024, at 93 he no longer uses it, and hasn't for years. He offered it to us, but are any parts still available for these if it would need them? We are near FYLP vintage audio repair who can fix anything but they could potentially need parts. Any info on these out...
  14. S

Thanks for all the info! Heading out on vaca for 2 weeks but will get pics &c when we return! R in NY
  15. S

My recollection is that they do look like those pictured above. Working on it is not a problem, I also restore tube amplifiers and receivers. It's just a matter of the necessary parts to fix it being available. I don't have alignment fixtures etc. Not sure of the part # as I'm not able to lay...
Back
Top Bottom