Tarl Of Gor
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I was wondering if you help me with an identification. It looks like you may have the answer for me siting in your collection. I need to send you a picture. I would post it here but I dont see anyway to do that.
    Tarl Of Gor
    Tarl Of Gor
    Hi I just saw your message. What can I help you with?
    S
    Stuckinda80s
    I have figured it out. What I am after today is any paperwork associated with a Realistic 14-921 8-track receiver.
    Mr. Tarl:
    I read in an old post that you have the manual for a Pioneer PL-6A TT. I was wondering if I could implore you to share a copy with me?
    I recently picked one up for $75 and I am having some problems. I am going to post the problem in the TT forum for some inut...I am hoping with your remarkable knowledge and experience you could help me!

Thanks mucho!
    Hey, I found you, lil'bro! Love reading all you "Anchor Clankers" stories. I stayed in Guam several times TDY and on typhoon evacs from Okinawa. Still remember how hard it rained there and the noise it made on the tin roof of the barracks. I saw a B-52 crash off Patties Point in May of 1969 when I was TDY there. I was working in the cockpit of a KC-135 on a radio problem when a cell of three of them were taking off. Disappeared off the end of the cliff and didn't come back up like the others did. Big fireball - no one survived.
    Tarl of Gor - Greetings Hafa Adai! ; Hope you are still out there! I used to LIVE above the Varsity Club (for a while, but that is a story in itself) when stationed on the stern welded to Site III USS Proteus... Lets talk!
    Hi.

If you haven't done so yet and you are still interested in getting a TT weight, PM me with the number of them you want and your address.

When I order them I will ask for PayPal payment. After they are made I will box them up and mail them off.
    I see that you were on the proteus.I went to guam in 85 to the USS san Jose.Combat store ship.was there till 87,when I was transfered to Oakland Cali with a disability.USN all the way!!!! I did 11 years total. Rich
    Hafa Adai? LOL Haven't heard that in over almost 30 years! The Varsity Club is the only bar I remember and that's because we normally walked back to the Proteus around 3 in the morning. That and all of the buy-me-drinkie chicks knew when the subs were going to be back in, you know, that top secret information?!!! I rode the Proteus back to Long Beach so the Hunley probably did alot of the work when you were on the TJ. Yep, those were some fun times alright. I stay in touch with one of the guys from the sonar shop and we always talk about all of those good days. He remembers more than me which probably isn't a good thing.
    Hafa Adai
    I was an MT, made 5 patrols on Jefferson (78-80) and one more on Robert E. Lee. I do remember TJ was in drydock in Guam to replace a cracked shaft. Fun times :) What were some of those bars? Club Yobo? Dallas Club? Medicine Chest at the Navy Hospital? Varsity Club? The Dogtrack to bet on greyhounds. Funny, I haven't thought about that for years. We had some fun times there.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom