Teradacto58
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi!

:) Nice to see some "2nd generation" Hungarians from abroad. Im from Budapest area. Capital city.
    Mándok is at a nice part of Hungary. Upper right corner. I was at that area for a several times. You wrote Mándok area. You mean the area or the village/city itself? :)
    Any new picins? I have made the rounds lately...not much out there....GW Bellingham is going up up up ..with their audio prices...most of the thrift stores a empty! I did pic up a swell neon, for $150...needing repair($150) it reads "OLYMPIA" about 6' long x 12" high ...outdoor 40's vintage...Not the Beer!..looks like a Hotel or Restraunt sign??? I had a guy appraise it at $1,000 repaired....but it's a keeper! I picked up a pair of 5" RCA kevlar speakers...freebies...looking for replacements WOOFERS for a small pair of JBL's(China)....but I need to measure... before going out and hunting down replacements for them...think they are 5 1/4" woofers....just a pair to sell or trade off! I drove by a garage sale the other day...this guy had a large pair of Technics...in the Pissing down rain...no covers!! LOL!
    I spent the last couple nights...purging a few boxes of assorted stuff to donate from the dungeon....made room for about a dozen pairs of SPKR'z...and 3 turntables... Also have 2 truckloads of empty assorted cardboard boxes...been cutting up + recycling from the dungeon too! ...old E-bay days!! Found a large pair of RTR series 3 4-way towers in the crawlspace...I didn't know I had! ...didn't check the model#'s 10" woofer,12" passives (missing...but have 2x new Klipsch Passives),4" mid....and a cone tweeter
    I do have stuff all over....but better than I use to...I even hid stuff in my laundry room beside the washer and dryer ..under a box of clothes=dual 1210 & an orphaned Optimus 5B... My home theatre at the moment is not hooked up....a few reno's going on!
    Just from the sound of it in your messages, I get the feeling you have stuff all over the house. I think you said crawl space and attic. I imagine there is stuff actually in the house being used. SO, I think you have a lot more than I do. HAHAHA.

I just sent two truck loads of speakers out with my flipper friend to sell. I STILL have more speakers than any reasonable man can use and I'm worried that I let go of too much. Jeez, I'm an addict. But I think I am working my way to "just the good stuff".

Now the "project" pile and parts pile is getting out of hand. I need to clean that up and dump some junk. I receiver a Curtis Mathis tube console for free. They said "works" but the main cap must be out. A lot of buzz on power up. Darn, just wanted to toy with it, not pour money into it. Now I have to lose the console. Fire wood I guess.
    Scores, jeez, so many. Outstanding ones. Dahlquist DQ-9 Compacts Thrift store $30. Dahlquist DQ-7 Cl FREE! (needed foam). About 61 albums just popped up at the thrift stores, about $1.50 each. ALL premium. So nice its freaky. A Pink Floyd DSOTM that looks new! Some has the shrink wrap. Gear... Onkyo Tx-4500 MKii, $50. (CL). NLA thrift store (prime condition) $30, EPI 180s thrift store $30, DCM KX-12, thrift store $38. Traded a Sansui G5000 ($5 yard sale) for a Marantz 4415 ($38 postage). Infinity ES-300 thrift store $40 (they rock!). OH, AMPEX console (PRIME!) CL $75! Knight speakers with Jensen drivers (ca 1958) $15 (great on tubes). Home made speakers with Pioneer PIM-8s, thrift store $10 (excellent on tube!). KLH Twentyfours $15, H.H.Scott S-15 $15 (recapped sound great!). Mirage, Speakerlab, etc... all scores. Pioneer SX-450, thrift store $35. Tons of good interconnects and speaker wire. Old bench gear, freq generator, o-scope, signal tracer (yard sale, $20)
    Hi, Man, its been almost a year. I've seen a few posts (and I know you were busy).
    New stuff you ask???? HAHAHAHA. I have a basement full. Some really nice stuff came my way since we "spoke". Some ridiculously good scores too. The speaker count is past 50 pairs. No idea how many receivers and amps I'm sitting on (they are harder to find so they don't "multiply" as fast).

So did work finally slow down?

Blaine
    Hi Jim,
    Yep, it's me...I enjoyed talking to you as well. I don't very often get to speak with someone who is as deep into the hobby as myself.
    Matt
    We were in the Bellingham/Mt Vernon area for the last 3 days. Found a nice pair of Baby Advents for $20 @ GW in Mt.V. I have a couple pairs now! 4x Boston computer cubes for $6.00.between Bham & Mt V . I've been playing around with 2 others I have....they sound as good as the Bose cubes! They take a few watts too! I also bought a Technics SL-DL1...linear turntable @ Bham GW for $7.99. Seems to work good, but I haven't plugged it into any amps yet! As I walked in a guy came out with a very nice looking NAD Receiver. Looked like a 7400?? He paid $139.99 more than I like to part with! Also in my cart was a Realistic Pro-2021 200 channel scanner for $12.99 seems to work but seems to need a better antenae. And last a black Yamaha T-60 digital tuner (4-now) to sit on my Yamaha M-80 amp I found @ local my VV, for $29.99 a year and a 1/2 ago. I passed on a pair of massive DBX SF-50 speakers @ $99.99 They were rough-needed refoaming of the 10" woofers, approx 5' tall
    Well, finally found something at the VV yesterday. 1981-82 Akai AA-R41. Almost missed it. Wouldn't have bothered but it was $20 and Akai. After working on an old one for a friend I aquired a lot of repect for them. Nice and clean and works well. Another unit for the pile.
    Cool, Tube is new to me. I've been interested in having one since a friend made me bike all the was across town (5 miles +/-) to see a Macintosh system in a store. I was too young but since he was so impressed and sort of a mentor I never forgot.

Man, dig those Marantz out and make me a deal. I grew up with a 2275. Still have it. Bought it new when I was 15. Always was interested in the older ones.

The B models were just a later model with improvements. I have a 2230 and 2230B. Some control changes (slider fader vrs a knob). I pretty sure there were small improvements inside. The B s usually more desireable but I wouldn't turn down any of the old Marantz. Nice sound, solid build, pretty. The old Pioneers are beautiful too.
    A lot of the 70s stuff had some great looks but that flat aluminum Marantz face just attracts everyone for some reason. Phase Linear have it too.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom