Public Parasite (Ret.)

Share This Page

TerryO

Super Member, Male, from Seattle, Washington

TerryO was last seen:
Jun 30, 2016
    1. bruckner_fan
      bruckner_fan
      Hi TerryO - a newbie here. I stumbled upon your post where you wrote Berkeley Alpha was the best DAC you heard at any price. I assume you were recommending it as DAC/Pre. Well, I just got myself one and am puzzled by the hard edge to the sound although I am equally amazed by the definition and bass. Could it be because I am using RCA connection? Any advice would be appreciated!
    2. Darnit
      Darnit
      Hi Terry,
      I know you enjoyed listening to my Vivaldi Academy Speakers. I've finally decided to do some house cleaning and have a number of pairs and pieces I'm wanting to get rid of. These are without drivers, although I have drivers for one set if wanted. I figure to let the speakers without drivers go for $300. Black and ebony finishes.
      If you or if you know anyone that would like a pair please let them know.
      Best to reach me via email:
      lhardy001@centurytel.net
    3. Tom Brennan
      Tom Brennan
      Thanks Terry
    4. nerdorama
      nerdorama
      Hi Terry. What's up?
    5. similost
      similost
      Actually Terry, I don't really know about headphone amps.. I really don't use headphones, and when I do I jack them into my mixer.. Sorry
    6. merzy
      merzy
      Terry,
      When is the Diy event. Is there one this year?
  • About

Birthday:
    August 2
    Public Parasite (Ret.)
    Built a crystal radio as a kid, later assembled first "real system" in 1975 based on Speakerlab K-horns built from plans. I've put together a few kits and have generally experimented with "stuff" relating to audio.

I'm presently the head of the "Sound DIY Club" which I helped found several years ago. We have a number of top flight hobbyists as well as a number of top Audio Industry Professionals. The caliber of equipment that the guys are designing and building is getting better all the time. Several of the members now have systems they only dreamed about just a few years ago.

Audio (especially speaker building), building wooden boats and sailing, reading, woodworking and carving