Recent content by TexSax

1. T

My spindle was too big for many of my new records. This is the best turntable accessory I have bough

I have had good success using a regular BIC pen. It doesn't remove any material, but burnishes the center hole and generally solves the problem with a few twists on both sides.
  2. T

Grace 707 Cueing issue

Will check for that screw.... thanks.
  3. T

Grace 707 Cueing issue

Yes, the cue lever is all the way up, but doesn't stay there. The lever immediately begins to lower the tonearm when released. I am running an Audio Technica AT440MLa with very nice results.
  4. T

Grace 707 Cueing issue

The cue lever on my Grace 707 will not lock into the up position, but immediately begins to lower the tonearm. The arm lowers slowly and smoothly like it should, but the lack of the lock feature limits the usefulness of the cueing feature. Any ideas?
  5. T

Pickering XV-15/625E

Yes indeed. I have one with a genuine Pickering stylus. Sounds great on my Dual 1019.
  6. T

DUAL 1019 idler retaining clip question

Does anyone have an good, reliable alternative to the push-on plastic idler retainer for a Dual 1019? I have ordered one of the fabricated ones from an online manufacturer, but I feel like there must be a better solution. Any ideas gratefully accepted.
  7. T

Pioneer PLX1000 vs. vintage ... upgrade, lateral move, or punt?

I have been reading all the stuff here and elsewhere about the merits of the Pioneer PLX1000. I am interested in trying a direct drive table. My "problem" is that I have three very nice vintage tables that I enjoy very much, all of which are working great. I have a Dual 1019 with multiple...
  8. T

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Finally! Having purchased an Empire 2000EIII a while back, I began the search for a replacement stylus. Tried the LP Gear VividLine... sounded good, but too much sibilance. Got my hands on a genuine Empire stylus for the 2000EII... sounded great, much less issues with tracking and sibilance...
  9. T

Empire fans... LP Gear S2000VL/III ViVid Line stylus?

I purchased a VL stylus for my 2000E/III. It sounds pretty nice except for pronounced sibilance on a number of records I played. I decided to go original and found a NOS Empire stylus for the 2000E/II which has the same stylus dimensions and tracking specs as the 2000E/III stylus, just doesn't...
  10. T

Budget level HiFI Rack

I just got one of these. Great product. No affiliation, just a very satisfied user. http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGVULRK
  11. T

Empire 2000E/111

I recently bought a "lightly used" 2000EIII that had visible flats on both sides of the tip, so I purchased a Vivid Line stylus from LP Gear. I decided to go this route rather than buy a cheaper generic. I have mixed reactions to the VL. First of all, the stylus guard is loose and floppy, almost...
  12. T

You might want to check that 2000EIII stylus for wear. I recently bought a 2000EIII with "low hours" but the stylus had visible flats on both sides of the tip. I replaced the original with an LP Gear Vivid Line and so far, am very pleased with the results. The Vivid Line is pretty finicky about...
  13. T

Yes, the stylus grip is clear. I wish the flip down stylus guard wasn't as loose and floppy as it is. It droops down during play, but doesn't touch the record surface.
  14. T

I just set up my 2000EIII with Vivid Line stylus from LP gear. This thing sounds great... lots of authority in the bass, clear mids and highs. Some very slight and infrequent sibilance (mostly on hotly recorded vocals "S" and "CH" sounds) tracking at 1.4 grams. Hopefully that will disappear as...
  15. T

I have kept the original with thoughts of having it re-tipped at some point.
Back
Top Bottom