Recent content by thedudedigs

1. thedudedigs

Arkansas spring get together in Clinton with swap tables, tunes, BBQ, and ect.

Thanks for the invite. I'll be there if I can shake free. I have something (things) I might be interested in trading as well.
  2. thedudedigs

Ampex 6973 restoration project

thanks Dswankey, I'll give it a shot
  3. thedudedigs

Ampex 6973 restoration project

Hey there fellow travelers, I just acquired a pair of Ampex 6973 mono blocks. They appear to be in great original shape, but I want to replace caps and put an on/off switch, and power lamp on them (at least). But I know next to nothing about any of this. Actually, after looking closely one of...
  4. thedudedigs

Any Arkansans out there?

I'm in central Arkansas, and would like to know if anyone else from Arkansas is out there for trading/buying/selling purposes.
  5. thedudedigs

anyone been disappointed with their Crites upgrades?

"I'm interested in you thoughts after you swap to the Sansui 1000a and SX-1250. I encourage you to move the speakers around a bit. The KLF-30 gets very high marks, there must be a combo that makes them sing. What output tubes is the Sansui running? 6L6 or 7591? Should be able to make them...
  6. thedudedigs

"I agree with Frank ... there is no single magic bullet. You need to be the the right room and proper placement is critical. To this I would add, they are amp dependent - the right components can be huge. I like the vintage tube/Klipsch combo." I'm waiting on a Sansui 1000a tube receiver to...
  7. thedudedigs

Thanks for the input. I'm about to get a set of stock KLF-30s. I'm sure to be pleased with the stock versions, but I'm a restless gear-monger, and being right down the road from Bob Crites, I'll probably want to tinker even if I'm happy with stock performance.
  8. thedudedigs

I've heard tons of people who rave about how Bob Crites' titanium upgrades have taken their Klipsch gear to new levels. I've never heard upgraded gear. But I've also heard one guy (a guy I personally know and trust) say that he witnessed an upgrade take place live and everyone quietly...
  9. thedudedigs

Anyone else already over the whole micro brewery thing?

The best microbrews I've ever had (and really the only ones I'd go out of my way to drink again) were made by a friend of mine. I live in Little Rock, and the local microbrews are awful (at least the ones I've tried). They're so awful, in fact that I'm wary of buying stuff I haven't tried...
  10. thedudedigs

Sure, there are more breweries, but how many of them are putting blueberries and whatnot in there? If you're having to put stuff like that in your "beer" to dress it up, you weren't doing it right in the first place.
  11. thedudedigs

On the bright side we are in the golden age of brewing here in America, there are thousands of choices when it comes to beer. We are NOT in the golden age of brewing in America. The Golden Age of Brewing in America ended the day prohibition was passed (thank you religionistas). Prohibition...
  12. thedudedigs

I gave Analog Engineering Associates my Sansui 1000a

Analog Engineering Associates, Inc. OFFICE: 1900 S. Norfolk St. Suite 350, San Mateo, CA 94403 >> SHIPPING ADDRESS: 26 Orange Ct, Hillsborough, CA 94010
  13. thedudedigs

I gave Analog Engineering Associates my Sansui 1000a

There was quite a debate about whether or not you should "wash" electronics in cleaning solution. We'll see. I'll be giving a full report once I get it back. It's the only piece of tube stereo stuff I've ever had (I've had several tube guitar amps). On an unrelated note, I loaned my Sansui...
Back
Top Bottom