1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice
thevic24
Last Activity:
Nov 3, 2014
Media:
yep

Share This Page

thevic24

deep in sound thought, from Columbus Ga

thevic24 was last seen:
Nov 3, 2014
    1. hittlevm
      hittlevm
      Which numbers did you use on the "socket" for the jumper ?
      Thanks
    2. thevic24
      thevic24
      Hey, Iam great.

Iam still using EH6550's but found some old Tung Sol's for the outer 2 and have been trying out a NOS RCA CBS/Hytron 7728. I have also installed a Weber Copper cap, the WZ68.(its equal to running 2GZ34's in the ST120) Iam liking it a lot so far
    3. t8ter70
      t8ter70
      Vic, How are you man? What's new in Bob Latinoland? Any new tubes that impress? I've been thinking about picking up a 12AT7 Pavane (Shuguang) to check out. If I do I'll let you know. I'll use it in the centre position on the driver board.
    4. thevic24
      thevic24
      Hey,
      I am currently using a quad of EH 6550's. IMO, an excellent tube. They are much better than the Sovtek KT88's I have. I will be buying a quad of EH KT88's from Jim McShane next week.
      I would like to try a trio of Mullard's in mine. I have a trio of NOS Jan?Phillips 12AT7's in it now and they do a real good job.

-Vic
    5. t8ter70
      t8ter70
      Vic, How are you? Hey you mentioned using some 6550 power tubes on your VTA120. Which 6550's have you used and which do you recommend? I've been buying quite a few 12at7 tubes and haven't found anything quite as good as the Mullard's, although telefunken and Bugle Boy are really nice.

Ted
  • About

yep
    well theres... and then ther is ....

gettin it done

Signature

Latino ST120/Vincent ST70/Carver/Yamaha/Infinity/DCM/Thorens/Klipsch/and more...