1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice
Thierry
Last Activity:
Oct 19, 2018 at 12:56 AM
Birthday:
Mar 17, 1958 (Age: 60)
Home Page:

Share This Page

Thierry

Tape with a passion, Male, 60, from Paris, France

Thierry was last seen:
Oct 19, 2018 at 12:56 AM
    1. Monad
      Monad
      hi Thierry- referred by Bilbo Baggins IRT my Bose 1800 Series VI pro amp.

Right now I'm PC >> Schiit Modi Multibit (or Phono) into Schiit Freya preamp >> Bose 1800 amp >> KEF 105.4s (new Falcon caps).. The sound often seems 2D and muddled, delivers fatigue, even with HD Track quality files or LP.

Is this common using this model in home? ..possibly a problem with the Amp, DAC/ Pre or the Listener? :D

Patrick
    2. JS4000
      JS4000
      Hello Thierry, I have read your 1801 builds and you have done some fantastic work! I have just bought one and will be doing the full overhaul, I can work from your thread pics but I thought worth asking if you had a parts list? Can I ask why you populated C10 and C11 on the modules as they were empty from factory? thanks, Jason
      1. Thierry
        Thierry
        Hi Jason, thanks for the good words :-)
        Indeed I did not populate those parts, where did you see this ?
        Bets,
        Thierry
        Aug 8, 2017
      2. JS4000
    3. stevew1953
      stevew1953
      I see you already have experience with repair of this amplifier. I need a replacement transistor 102433 with Red logo for Bose 1800. I seek to avoid replacing all 14 devices with new. Do you have any that you could let me have, please? Good used parts will be fine!

Thanks, Steve
      1. Thierry
        Thierry
        Hi Steve, Un fortunately I don't have any of these left. Did you try eBay ?
        Thierry
        Nov 27, 2016
    4. Aref
      Aref
      Hi Thierry,
      Tomorrow, my speaker will be ready. I have another one of these speakers(A723),which is not working and it doesn't have the drivers. I can give it for fixing, but what can I use in place of these three drivers? Do you recommend doing it?
      Thanks
    5. gehportier
      gehportier
      Hi Thierry, I did download a hifi engine 40 page pdf, that says it is the service manual, but desnt really list all the capacitors or resistors or transistors, etc...
      Is what you have have those details?
      Else I may purchase it from ebay?
      Best, Henk
    6. gehportier
      gehportier
      Hello Thierry, I was reading your message on the AR Model R; I have one where the output voltage R = 1volt, L = .4volt. So it looks like I have to replace the amplifier components.
      Would appreciate your Service Manual for this and any suggestions you may have, in your own experience.

Thanks

Henk Portier 781-449-9990
      Data Recovery, Inc.
    7. rhschneider
      rhschneider
      Hello Thierry,
      Thanks for the praise! Yes indeed, I have a lot of work to do. And this is the reason, I can't tell much about the sound of the 1801 - it is still in work. Man, I can tell you... I decided to change the mica plates into ceramics. And the ceramics are 3mm thick, so the damn screws are to short. It was more trouble to get these american screws (a little longer) than changing it against european norm screws. So I took sixtyfour 3.5mm brass screw nuts, removed the old ones and soldered them on to the pcb. I think it will take two weeks till I have one side ready to test. What do you think about the new place for the bias adjustment trimmer?
      Meanwhile I keep on soldering and making snapshots of the work. If the amp will run as good as it's brother 4401 I will be very happy. As long as I work at the 1801 I use my Technics SU-VX800 for power amp. Sound is not bad but four 901's really need a muscle amp instead this integrated Amplifier.
      Greetings Richard
    8. rhschneider
      rhschneider
      hello Thierry,
      I have startet an album called bose1801 restauration, first pics are there...
      greetings Richard
    9. rhschneider
      rhschneider
      Hello Thierry,
      since i renewed the OP-Amps in my 4401 - great! This time i did not use the glue, instead of this stuff i used the little heatsinks with the pads (same as you used).
      You where right, the glue between the OP contacts and the heatsinks made a capacitive connection and so the heatsinks changed into antennas.
      And now i am working at the good old 1801.
      Again thanks a lot for your support!

Greetings Richard

btw - if you are interrestet in photos, i made a lot...
    10. guiller
      guiller
      Thanks for accepting my invitation!
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 17, 1958 (Age: 60)
    Home Page:
    http://audiolalies.blogspot.fr/

Signature

[​IMG]
    audiolalies.blogspot.fr