Recent content by thumper69

1. thumper69

Wife and Speaker refoam?

My wife won't try and do it herself, but she is very good at standing next to me telling me how I'm doing it wrong.
  2. thumper69

Considering the Forte I. Will my Crown PS-400 be too powerful?

I turn my gain up to about the 4 o clock position at least or even all the way up if they are very silent and then use the volume control on my Marantz AVR to adjust the level. That way all the power is there if needed for any transients or sudden bursts and I don't have to fiddle with the gain...
  3. thumper69

When media speakers just won't do.

I bet it sounds grand. The speakers look right at home to me.
  4. thumper69

Rti12 first impressions

Wow! How's that? I picked these up yesterday for a fair price I think and boy do they sound really really good. That's just bringing them in, plopping them down and turning them on, no nothing. First impressions, 1. Big and heavy, very solid. Great build quality except the flimsy plastic feet...
  5. thumper69

Blasphemy Right?

I'm guessing that's an Altec horn on a Klipsch cab?
  6. thumper69

Get the amp of your dreams, then this happens. Life is fickle.

I hope your mother gets better quickly. Best wishes and good luck.
  7. thumper69

AMC 2100 scrubdown

Sounded great, the outside was perfectly clean. Inside, not so much. I wonder if the performance will improve?
  8. thumper69

Klipsch Reference r51m the best deal on Budget Speakers going!

I also recently commented on this very same speaker at this same price. What a deal!! I bought the r820f towers 50% off recently and WOW. We love them. I can't wait to hear what your opinion of the r51ms are.
  9. thumper69

RCA tube amp

I don't know how many watts this is, maybe 4 or 5 I'm guessing but it really sounds just great and that's with FM and AM radio. Country music and light rock is sublime. Wow I am impressed. That's with it cobbled together sitting on the floor with all the original everything. I am getting ready...
  10. thumper69

opinions please best small package Speakers?

Best is only judged by your ears. Budget wise and sound wise,IMHO you just can't go wrong with the 50% off sales Klipsch has on their bookshelf R51. $175 brand new for the pair and you can use anything to drive them. Of course YMMV and this is only my singular opinion.
  11. thumper69

RCA tube amp

I am not conducting any transactions. It is not for sale or I would've used the appropriate forum. I was simply responding to another member showing interest. If it was to go any further before any real discussion took place I of course would go to the right place. Thanks for being so quick on...
  12. thumper69

RCA tube amp

I wouldn't even know where to begin with value or with shipping.
  13. thumper69

RCA tube amp

I think it is a SCH 8. Nope. It's a SHP -9
  14. thumper69

The "Almost a Hit" game

You Got Me Babe- Sonny & Cher
  15. thumper69

The "Almost a Hit" game

Tangled up in glue- Dylan
Back
Top Bottom