Recent content by thymanst

1. thymanst

What's your latest audio purchase?

CL ad for paradigm speakers - texted and no response - later that night I emailed and received response that person didn’t show up - said I would be up after work next day (it was a hours drive) - got an email right before I was going to leave that they were sorry but someone came up and bought...
  2. thymanst

I never realized Magnepan was in the next town over from me!

I have a townhose 5 minutes away - bought a pair of mmgs from factory - had a pair of 20.1s and have a pair of 1.4’s (redone by magnepan) that sound awesome - may see if i can get tour this summer when im up there.
  3. thymanst

24” woofers?

Let the stereo shop know and they were appreciative. Looks like there is a web site active for hartleyspeakers.com - Thanks to all that responded.
  4. thymanst

24” woofers?

doing a favor for a local stereo shop that took in two 24” woofer frames that the client wants reconed. Closest thing I could find is electro voice 30” woofer found in the patrition speakers - anyone have any ideas?
  5. thymanst

Guy had a vintage system of Magnepan mg 1.4 ( refurbed by Magnepan 5 years ago) a Sunfire symphonic amp, a Legacy high current pre and a California labs icon mk2 cd - all pretty cheap - picked up yesterday - found out why so cheap - hooked up when I got home and sounded muffled -wth - got home...
  6. thymanst

Snell 8” speaker help

Rubbing alcohol or just scrape it off down to the cone( otherwise you won’t get proper seal) just did a pair of c iv’s 8” surrounds from simply speakers
  7. thymanst

Picked up a pair of goldenear Triton 7 off eBay locally - someone pawned them and I was a day late - they came up on eBay a week later - I have 1’s and really like them so I got the 7’s for the spare bedroom. They fill the room with soundstage.
  8. thymanst

Unique vintage system - big epi’s

I think he posted about epi-1000 a couple years ago - not speakers you see too often
  9. thymanst

Unique vintage system - big epi’s

big epi’s, dynaco amps, etc in ft myers https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/ele/d/unique-elaborate-vintage-home/6469339903.html
  10. thymanst

What kind of tweeter do you prefer ??

I’ve got diamond deposit (DMD) tweeters on Usher speakers And goldenears Heil variation They both throw a lot of air to instruments and sound really good
  11. thymanst

Parasound P5 out for delivery

I had one and liked it a lot - sold it to buy Parasound halo integrated which now powers my front channels using ht bypass. Would recommend to anyone.
  12. thymanst

Pics of your listening space

Combo home theater / two channel listening - Yamaha rx-a3040 handling surround and center, Parasound Halo integrated handling two channel duties ( streamed out of Mac mini) to Goldenear Triton One speakers. Great dynamics, instruments in space , holographic mid range.
  13. thymanst

Who should get the 4th spot for the college football playoff

Anyone but Alabama. Did not win own conference with 19 5* players on the team and 49 four * .
  14. thymanst

High-End AVRs for Stereo?

I’m using a Yamaha rx-v1 in my stereo room with a pair of goldenear triton 1 speakers . Exactly what your posting about. To help refine the sound I’m using a meridian director dac to the receiver and a musical fidelity tube buffer hooked up to the the pre out / power in jacks. It sounds very good.
  15. thymanst

Snell speakers

Got the surrounds on and let dry for a couple hours- played some soft music through them and the highs are very nice - have the rear tweeters turned up half way and the speakers 4 feet from the wall - good vocals and bass is placed in the soundstage really well. The highs have a lot of air with...
Back
Top Bottom