Timothy Flath
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Was curious if I could trouble you with a question? I'm wondering if you'd solved the issue of sourcing cleaning agents in Canada?

I'm reading through the insane volume of posts on preparing cleaning solutions (both enzyme and tergitol or triton based) and it seems like regardless of the formula I end up with, these products are not easily available to Canadians...

Thanks!

Trevor
    Timothy Flath
    Timothy Flath
    very good results. I mix just over 1 litre at a time. I mix 3 ml of Triton into approx 85 ml of 99% IPA and then add that mixture to 1 litre of Distilled water. Works very well for me. What is your address? Will try and source a small container to make the shipment.
    Timothy Flath
    Timothy Flath
    sorry been offline for a while with a nasty cold....
    S
    SuperII
    Hi - no worries, been worrying about other things for a bit myself!

It's :

Trevor Shaikin
    1-257A Broadview Ave
    Toronto, ON
    M4M 2G6

Thanks so much, I really appreciate the offer! No worries if it becomes too much trouble though.
    Thank you very much for your replies. Fortunately, the anti-skate hanger is the one closest to the platter so I am encouraged. Will also check out the tone arm suggestion. Cheers.
    Hi Timothy, I have been reading your restoration notes on the Thorens 165. I have the same turntable that I originally bought in the early 1970s. It runs well but needs some care to bring back to full life. One thing that needs replacing is the anti-skating unit as one of the arms broke off while unboxing. Can you tell me where you found your replacement part and whether it was difficult to install?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom