Recent content by toddalin

1. toddalin

JBL Hartsfield Crossover input polarity

Typically for JBL the two center upper terminals will be connected to the ground as will the lower left terminal, which you can determine with an ohmmeter.
  2. toddalin

Just read this on speaker series wiring

Something else to consider. While you say that your amp is 2-ohm stable, I've been reading Stereophile Magazine a long time and seen dozens upon dozens of amps tested and have never seen one that does not put out considerably more distortion at the lower impedience load.
  3. toddalin

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

OK, Deacon Blues with both woofers on and a tweek to the crossovers to remove a bit of brightness. And..., Peg worked out that time.
  4. toddalin

A change to the crossovers left them a bit too bright on the mids/presence. But then, that's where the detail lies. I'll take a bit back out. Interesting..., I uploaded Peg to YouTube at the same time and it took hours to get to 99% processing before it finally gave up with the error message...
  5. toddalin

Things you can only hear on your high end systems

Actually, they can and will, if you define "noise" to include the attributes of soundstage and imaging.
  6. toddalin

Floors get rugs, walls get treatments... What about all the ceiling reflections??

You don't think this has a dramatic effect on the sound? All of the accordion curtains are double-layer, black-out, so window vibration is not a real problem..., that I can tell. The thing is, when you are listening in the room, that becomes your frame of reference as to the "size" and...
  7. toddalin

You don't need high end source material to appreciate the benefits of a high end system. But, you certainly will be disgusted/intrigued with all the crap you do hear in lessor recorded/produced material.
  8. toddalin

Not just a matter of hearing these faint sounds, but also discerning what they are. Can you tell the difference when an acoustic guitar player taps different parts of the body or the strings, or what kind of strings he is using? Without turning the volume up beyond your typical listening...
  9. toddalin

It's things like the drum "thwacks" at 0:20 that really stand out in the SACDs and add another level of dynamics.
  10. toddalin

So what does it sound like if you "overdrive" a Hammond and put it through a Marshall in your living room? Not a great recording, but great PR&T! Some things are meant to be played LOUD!
  11. toddalin

Nice, but I prefer the SACD. More detail and life in it.., at least on the Mermans. I take it these are the L300s. Did you do the close mics? Sounds more like the sweet spot.
  12. toddalin

The 6% commission on buying or selling a home is gone

Put $2.75 mil in my pocket and I'll let the house go without an agent! Lest you think that's a bit much, the house next door is for sale for $2.99 mil and six houses down is $3.35 mil and neither have as much acreage or my view..., or a six car garage setup with a CNC workshop and car lift...
  13. toddalin

Tape noise in the Echoplex. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echoplex
  14. toddalin

Can You Resolve What Is Being Said???

Actually, I was thinking that the Eagles cut to be more like that from Paul McCartney in Goodnight Tonight. Clearly at 3:00 she is saying "I gotta go home" through a vocorder or such. The Eagles cut is more obscure.
  15. toddalin

Can You Resolve What Is Being Said???

High resolution speakers. I was wondering if any of the "high priced spread" systems could provide enough info to determine if and what is being said. There are lots of cases where words are clearly being uttered, but I would dare anyone to be able to transcribe them. Case in point: What is...
Back
Top Bottom