Recent content by Tomcow

1. T

Kenwood kr9600.Not gettting any fm stations.Loud clear inter station noise across the tuning...

Kenwood kr9600.Not gettting any fm stations.Loud clear inter station noise across the tuning dial but no fm stations.am works fine.
  2. T

Kenwood kr-9600 tuner section,can’t get fm stereo.Replaced the 1156 IC chip.Voltages are off on...

Kenwood kr-9600 tuner section,can’t get fm stereo.Replaced the 1156 IC chip.Voltages are off on 1156 chip.(1-16).What should I check next?
  3. T

Kenwood Kr9600 tuner problem.fm works great except I can’t get the fm in stereo.Replaced HA-1156...

Kenwood Kr9600 tuner problem.fm works great except I can’t get the fm in stereo.Replaced HA-1156 chip.The voltages I’m getting off the pins of 1156 aren’t correct,especially pin 9.where might the problem be?thx.
  4. T

Actually it’s pins 15 and 16

Actually it’s pins 15 and 16
  5. T

Kenwood kr-9600 tuner.Plays in mono but can’t get stereo unless I touch pins 1 and 2...

Kenwood kr-9600 tuner.Plays in mono but can’t get stereo unless I touch pins 1 and 2 together.Replaced the HA-1196 chip.Maybe check all the pin voltages?
  6. T

Kenwood kr9600 fm tuner works great at pulling in stations and they are clear and sound great in...

Kenwood kr9600 fm tuner works great at pulling in stations and they are clear and sound great in mono but when switching to stereo,I’m getting a high pitched wine.Back to mono,silent,stereo high pitched wine just enough to be annoying.Any possible cause for these?
  7. T

Kenwood Kr9600 fm tuner problem

Kenwood Kr9600 fm tuner problem
  8. T

What are the ohm values of the big resistors supposed to read when measured installed.I believe...

What are the ohm values of the big resistors supposed to read when measured installed.I believe the smaller 2 watt resistor should read 82 ohms, the bigger 3 watt resistor next to it should read 120 ohms,and the other 2 three watt resistors (120 ohms) when installed should read 60 ohms each??Is...
  9. T

Kenwood kr-9600 resistor values

Kenwood kr-9600 resistor values
  10. T

Kenwood KR-9600 preamp section problem

I measured pin 11 off the power supply board with that wire disconnected and get 35V. With the wire to pin 11 hooked back up,I get 9.7 V which is close to the 10V on the schematic. This is with the receiver on a 100 watt bulb dimmer. When plugged directly into a 120 V outlet, I get 18V off pin...
  11. T

Also noticed with the Kenwood pre-amp out plugged into another receivers power in jacks,when...

Also noticed with the Kenwood pre-amp out plugged into another receivers power in jacks,when powered on,will trip the relay temporarily on that receivers amp.
  12. T

Today I checked the voltage at pin 11 on the power supply board with pin 11 wire unhooked and...

Today I checked the voltage at pin 11 on the power supply board with pin 11 wire unhooked and got 35V.I connected the wire back up and measured 9.7 volts while on a 100 watt bulb dimmer, which is near what the schematic is calling for 10V.But when plugged into a 120V outlet,pin 11 will read...
  13. T

Hello

Hello
  14. T

Not sure what happened but I measured 2 milavolts at pin 11 on the power supply board and 0...

Not sure what happened but I measured 2 milavolts at pin 11 on the power supply board and 0 milavolts at pin 13.
  15. T

Hello. I have another problem now with the Kenwood kr-9600.I was checking over the tone board...

Hello. I have another problem now with the Kenwood kr-9600.I was checking over the tone board and their were 2 wires running to the bottom of the board.yellow and blue attached to terminals 3 and 4.I had to unwrap them in order to remove the board because they were so short.I reinstalled the...
Back
Top Bottom