Recent content by TomInTacoma

1. TomInTacoma

Help ID this cartridge

I wish... :) I'm leaning more towards Panasonic or ADC built.
  2. TomInTacoma

Help ID this cartridge

While I appreciate the time you spent on this - this is definitely not a Linn K5. The lettering on the front are the letters 'K' and 'S' (not a '5').
  3. TomInTacoma

Help ID this cartridge

Just got this into the shop and I can't find any information about it. Anyone of you smart people know what this is?
  4. IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_6494.JPG

Unknown make and model phono cartridge
  5. IMG_6495.JPG

IMG_6495.JPG

Unknown make and model phono cartridge
  6. TomInTacoma

Picked up a Pioneer Pl-600

…and you’re humble too.
  7. TomInTacoma

okay. You win.
  8. TomInTacoma

Actually, they did come with the AT3600/L. We have taken in at least three dozen PL-600's and they all had that mounted. The only exception was when the headshell wasn't original.
  9. TomInTacoma

modern part equivalent for technics SJPB7M ground wire

Here's an original Technics ground wire if that's the style of plug-in connector you need: https://www.ebay.com/itm/134269387845
  10. TomInTacoma

Luxman PD-289 hinges?

We have these available - brand-spanking new: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143958231265 They are slightly different than the original Luxman hinges but will work just fine.
  11. TomInTacoma

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

For me the number 1 would be the Carver Amazing Loudspeakers (found in a thrift store for $75!) followed by the Yamaha NS-1000M's and lastly, after many years of listening, I'm still enjoying the ADS L780/2's in use in my office.
  12. TomInTacoma

Pioneer PL-115D and Springs..

You're missing the washers. All four come with them.
  13. TomInTacoma

Help ID this headshell please

Thanks. We ID'd it above back in July 2018. :)
  14. TomInTacoma

Why does my Thorens TD160 turntable sound worse than Spotify?

Not sure if you did this or not, but for this to be an equal comparison you would need to be listening to a Spotify Premium account through a DAC into your system. Both (Premium and a decent DAC) make a profound difference - the single greatest improvement in sound that I've noticed through...
  15. TomInTacoma

Okay, who has the most turntables!

Am I the winner? :
Back
Top Bottom