Trevor White
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media Albums About

• Hello Trevor, sorry that I`m disturbing you. I read your post about a recap of the Luxman L-430. I own Luxman L-410 from a short time and I have a little problem with it. The sound from the right channel is lower than the left, especially bass frequencies. The amp is with new speaker relay, cleaned input selector and other potentiometers, a new thermal paste of the transistors, and a few new electrolytic capacitor.
    Hello Trevor , nice job on the 707. I did recapped mine also and its sounds great . I wanted to ask you about the changing the ceramic caps . It was always suggested to me to leave them alone and only change the electrolytic and film caps . I was given some technical reason for this that I don't remember now. Any thoughts of this ? thanks Jim
    Trevor White
    Trevor White
    Hi there Jim,

Advice to me, via GPS16 on this forum, was that ceramics can absorb moisture over time, which may affect their performance. Replacing both electrolytics and ceramics at the same time was straightforward. Also, the newer film type capacitors are a better part than the old ceramics.

Cheers.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom