Recent content by Trevor White

1. Trevor White

Pioneer RT-707 Capacitor Upgrade and Service

I'm really sorry mate, but that is a complete mystery to me. Hopefully GPS16 may see your post and be able to offer a suggestion. Alternatively start a new thread to ask your specific question. More people may see it. Good Luck, Trevor
  2. Trevor White

RT-707 Playback relay problem?

Hi there GPS16, Well to my considerable embarrassment that was one of the caps that I replaced :( Just how I missed that when checking my work I will never know. The joint must have had a very small quantity of solder making the connection which over time fractured and caused the problem. As...
  3. Trevor White

Hi there everyone. Well, I finally got my RT-707 down and disconnected from my stereo so that I could properly investigate where my left channel was going. I is a weird problem as I found that if I left the machine powered on for some time before pressing 'Play' then both channels would play...
  4. RT-707 Playback Amp Newly Soldered

RT-707 Playback Amp Newly Soldered

Joint looking much better now!
  5. RT-707 Playback Amp Dry Joint

RT-707 Playback Amp Dry Joint

Dry joint discovered on the Playback Amp that was badly affecting left channel output.
  6. Trevor White

I'm afraid I can't take pictures as my machine is mounted and working. However, my original posts at the beginning of this thread have some excellent pictures of the RWG-091-0 from various angles...
  7. Trevor White

Hello. I'm afraid I can't help you with this. My service manual actually pre-dates both the RWG-090 and RWG-091, which my machine has. So I don't have any information on the RWG-091. I just had to re-cap the board based on the components I found on the board itself. Good Luck.
  8. Trevor White

Hi there xpert911, I'm afraid I have no idea what your problem might be. I was hoping that GPS16 might also see your post and respond, which he has. Thanks GPS16. The only thing I would do if I encountered that behavior would be to very carefully review all the solder joints on everything I...
  9. Trevor White

Hello again GPS16, great to hear from you. I was fairly sure that those relays on the main function switch board were not anything to do with audio, but I wanted to be sure. Also I did the cycling of the tape/source switch with no change in its behavior. Your suggestion regarding the mute...
  10. Trevor White

Hi all, it's been a while since I last visited. My lovely old RT-707 is still performing well, until today. I started playing a tape and noticed that the left channel was silent. No action on the VU meter. But then after a couple of seconds the left channel suddenly came to life. The audio...
  11. Trevor White

Luxman L-430 Recap / Overhaul

Hello again Ricardo, No, I would not have expected any change in the Bass response. The 15,000uF caps are the same size as the originals. Although that is true for the L-430, does the L-435 also use 15,000uF filter caps? When I originally rebuilt my L-430 I used a pair of 18,000uF filter...
  12. Trevor White

That's great. Thanks for the information. Trevor
  13. Trevor White

Hi there Riccardo. The big filter capacitors that I used were these: (I substituted the Italian address for Mouser.Com) https://www.mouser.it/ProductDetail/Cornell-Dubilier-CDE/383LX153M080N082?qs=%2Fha2pyFaduhhtFN9FRzpsyQzyUZWnftVRx4j7oe4JopVKytvLPzkLw== They are Cornell Dubilier 15,000uF...
  14. Trevor White

That's great to hear Kim. I'm pleased that you were able to find the thread useful. Interesting about changing that OpAmp. Which model did you use? I have found some detail on the AudioFeel 2G OPM2320S, the description of which seemed to be what you were talking about. All the Best, Trevor
Back
Top Bottom