Recent content by twiiii

1. twiiii

Warm Cartridge for Technics SL-1900?

If it were the old days I would recommend an Ortofon SPU GT or a SPE GT. But today I will say I Iike the Denon 110 series moving coils. I don't know about the reissue SPU cartridges personnally. Though I have heard good things about them from reviewers and dealers I have known for a long...
  2. twiiii

What is your Holy Grail turn table?

Well there are two, neither of which I can afford. Sl 1000 Mk III by Technics and a Series 30 SME TT with a 10 inch MK V arm. Of course if I won the lottery I would add the series 60 to the list. But as I have space limitations I am going to Audition a Technics SL 1200 G, I have all...
  3. twiiii

MC7270 upgrade to MC2500

I think we sold two for use by ML-4 owners. But I installed quite a few for disco and large commercial systems. I only had one fail due to a filthy environment in an old disco in Old Mexico. It had over an inch of dust and fuzzies covering the insides. I blew out and vacumed the poor...
  4. twiiii

C33 vs C40 ??

Well the C-40 has more micro relays for switching function and there fore is quiter and less susceptable noise creeping in when pushing buttons or using the input, record, or mode selector switches, It also has more advanced solid state components. I would have instantly have a C-40 if I...
  5. twiiii

Bulk Audio Cable Recommendation?

I usually pick Belden. They have low capacitance cables and lower which cost a bit more. They have flexible cables, foil and braided wrapped cables with solid conductor and stranded conductors. There are a lot of choices. Because everything I have has a low impedance out put I use Rg...
  6. twiiii

Finding a single Klipsch Cornwall III

Buy two for up front and make yours your ambient speaker for the rear. Feed the rear amp an isolated L-R signal to get the ambient sound for the rear channel. I use to use an Altec or Ampex center tapped line level transformer to create the ambient signal for rear speaker either pointed...
  7. twiiii

Adding power on-off switch to MC-2100

I have a Mcintosh power strip that plugs into the wall receptacle with a secondary cord that plugs into the preamp. When the C-34 is turned on a small amount of power turns on the AC strip which at one time powered my stereo amps. Now days there is a small DC power supply that plugs into the...
  8. twiiii

MC2300 - Is it the Most Famous Amplifier Ever?

Another answer should be the Mcintosh amp or amps you currently own that make you love your system even more. Thats what I say about my 207's and 830's. Oh! I can't for get my 2505.
  9. twiiii

MC2300 - Is it the Most Famous Amplifier Ever?

No the MC 3500 MK I and the original MC 275 from the 60's. MC 7300 is popular, too. Some love the 2105 and 2505. I still have my 2505, but the 2100's are long gone. 2105's with out meters.
  10. twiiii

Which Choice would you Make?

Rabco Sl-8E. My low out put MC cartridge is picking up the horizontal motor noise as it intermittently powers the arm across the record. The vertical motor makes no noise at all. Getting a new TT belt solved the TT motor noise issue. So Its just the arm now.
  11. twiiii

Why won't my iPod play through my DAC?

Some times manufacturers don't want to pay Apple's licensing fees.
  12. twiiii

Cassette Deck Recommendations?

Tascam made good decks but nothing matches the better three headed Nakamichi decks with the more advanced noise reduction systems. If I were still into cassettes I would be looking for a Dragon. But I gave up on all forms of tapes back in early 2019.
  13. twiiii

MC2100 Bad power transformer?

I owned 2100's and if i were you I would want to update to the 7000 series, If you can live without meters you want a 7100. 130 + watts into 8 ohms and over 300 watts into 3 ohms. The distortion is 20 db lower than with a 2100. They control woofers better with them being direct coupled.
  14. twiiii

New preamp or new integrated?

Now remember a C-2800 is a hybrid and not totally tubes. If you want totally tubes you are going to have to go back to the second or third model C-22. But they it won't like the low input impedance of a MK VI 275. So you will need the buffered outputs of the 2800. If you can give up the...
  15. twiiii

MC2100 Bad power transformer?

In all the 50 + years we sold and serviced Mac amps we only had one bad autoformer and one bad power transformer. The Power transformer for a 2105 and the autoformer for a 2100. So I guess you are in good company. I had the honor of changing both of them over the years, and Davie Obrien...
Back
Top Bottom