Recent content by tygr

1. tygr

A little Emit K troubleshooting help needed.

Just an update for anyone who reads this far down. My Kappa 7s are definitely beat up from the feet up. But they now sound like a million bucks! As with my 3Bs, these things are bass happy and the tall treble is just so smooth...hell, even the fake mids I installed sound very good with the...
  2. tygr

The new crossover arrived yesterday. Installed this morning. It works! I didn't solder anything...sue me.
  3. tygr

Thanks for that tip, Swechsler.
  4. tygr

Haha, no harm, no foul. Thanks all, for the advice. The L-pad isn't changing anything. When the tweeter is wired in place, it just does not play. I've purchased another "known good" pair of x-overs for pretty cheap so I'm just just gonna' wing it and go from there.
  5. tygr

I'm sorry. I know what an L pad is. I am working on the tweeter, not the mid.
  6. tygr

The Midrange(?) L pad?
  7. tygr

Look kids, I'm still trying to figure out how to get the crossovers out or at least accessible. Can anyone offer a little help in that endeavor?
  8. tygr

So I've almost got my $45 7 Kappas working. One of the Emits seems to work outside of the speaker with a full range signal fed to it. It does NOT seem to work when wired into the speaker though. Could it be the L pad? I'm now a little over my head.
  9. tygr

Are these a good investment?

Well I broke down and bought the Midwest Speaker mid drivers...they sound great. I've now got all but one Emit K tweeter working. If I have to buy one more driver then so be it.
  10. tygr

Bad connection on the one tweeter, re-soldered and good to go now. That's 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 0 mids. At least the count is moving in my favor.
  11. tygr

Thanks, Depecheduran for the encouragement!
  12. tygr

Right, so...it's not so easy to get those crossovers out is it? The mids are wired right through the side of their cardboard tubes and I'm not sure how to go about getting some slack in the wires. Who has done this before?
  13. tygr

Ok, the tweeter tests good with a VOM. I'll have to see if I can see anything on the crossover board.
  14. tygr

Got the Kappa 7s. They are really rough. The cabinets are pretty trashed. So far, both woofers and one tweeter is working. What to do? They ARE going to stay in my room, so I could live with the looks. If I could just repair these cheaply enough they might be worth keeping? With 3 of 6...
  15. tygr

Crazy kids!
Back
Top Bottom