Recent content by Tysen

1. Tysen

DIY Marantz 7 Tube Preamp

Wow that is a great catch. I totally forgot that. I'll try tomorrow and keep you posted.
  2. Tysen

Better quality photos
  3. Tysen

Here you go! Obviously a cramped build so it makes sense I have noise lol. Smh! Ground buss is being used. I also tried to shield off the power supply internally. Let me know what you guys think!
  4. Tysen

Hi All, I built myself a Marantz 7 clone and the floor noise is a bit louder than what I was hoping for. (Or a lot louder). Eventually I'll need to re-do the PS but for now I'm using a passive pre to lower the overall output from the clone to my amp as this is helping with the noise. I'm...
  5. Tysen

New Marantz 7 Build—Hiss

Anybody? Thanks!
  6. Tysen

New Marantz 7 Build—Hiss

So I've run into something confusing—I installed a 1k resistor on the output jacks to ground and while my volume was reduced and thus my floor noise, it destroyed the low-end and extenuated highs. I lost about 10db at 100hz per my spectrum analyzer. I'm assuming because the output impedance...
  7. Tysen

New Marantz 7 Build—Hiss

Finally finished my Marantz 7 build w/o tone controls, etc. Long story short, the chassis ended up being too small, so the guts are mess (it's all P2P). Maybe I'll get the nerve to post a photo later! Fortunately, it works well. Just a couple of things to button up. Namely, tube hiss...
  8. Tysen

PSU Designer Help

@gadget73 Thanks! Now it appears my voltages are pretty much exactly what I expected and hoped for. @Goldie99 Thanks sharing the guide!
  9. Tysen

PSU Designer Help

Anybody? lol I know it's the weekend......
  10. Tysen

PSU Designer Help

Hi Folks, Building an amp. Trying to calculate the power supply. I'm confused about the source impedance. When I input the secondary DCR (per hammond's spec sheet, http://www.hammondmfg.com/pdf/EDB269JX.pdf) in the source impedance calculator, I'm getting voltages much lower than I would...
  11. Tysen

Altec 601-D Crossover Help

@setup1 Great info. Thanks! My L-pads should arrive Monday, or Tuesday. I'll report back with my (hopefully) success!
  12. Tysen

Thanks for this @setup1 ! I am using a SET amp, but if there is anything at risk to these tweeters, I’m not gonna do it—don’t really have the funds to buy a new pair lol. That said, I just purchased an 8ohm 15w L-pad. Hopefully I can reduce some of the nasties I’m hearing with the 1.5uf...
  13. Tysen

Thanks @setup1 ! Been following your website for years. The best. My follow up question is: i built your 802/414 crossover for 16ohm speakers. My 601s are 8ohm. Any problems still using your XO?
  14. Tysen

I built the JE Labs Altec crossovers. Sorry for my crossover ignorance, can I use the L-pad & resistor that I have from the JE Labs crossover after the 1.5uf I currently have for my 601s? Essentially, what I'm asking is, is there anything potentially dangerous for the tweeter if I install the...
  15. Tysen

Thanks for the clarification @moray james I'm going to try a 1.5uf cap instead of the 4uf. That'll probably be too high, but we'll see.
Back
Top Bottom