Recent content by valvenator

1. valvenator

Are these two or three way speakers?

Another picture seems to show I was mistaken. They seem to look identical.
  2. valvenator

Found a listing on eBay and the pics through the grill do seem to show two different sized cones for the tweeter section.
  3. valvenator

I agree. Maybe they just used what crossover board was available in stock? Seems possible, but the mystery continues.
  4. valvenator

Show Us Your Dinner! (Home Cooking ONLY please!)

Well I'm not ditching my grill and smoker either! Yeah, it's hard to use them in the cold months but having different seasons to enjoy different foods actually gives you something to look forward to.
  5. valvenator

I took a closer look at the pics and the outputs on the crossover board seem to clearly state tweeter, mid and woofer outs so it's a 3 way.
  6. valvenator

Possible but there only seems to be one input. I did miss the part where he mentions all weather so for outside use. Probably (my guess) just two tweeters to help spread the more directional high frequencies.
  7. valvenator

It's most likely 3 way if both sets of wires to the "tweeters" come straight off the board unless they both share the same connection points at the board.
  8. valvenator

The house I moved to recently came with a stove that was leaking gas. I used an induction burner and other appliances to get by. I actually regret getting a new gas stove. I was doing fine without and could use the wasted space for storage instead. An induction plate, a slow cooker and my...
  9. valvenator

One Hit Wonder Hall of Fame

"and Yes, I do have the 45" would actually make for a pretty cool thread. I know I have a few oddballs in my small collection.
  10. valvenator

2'nd day spaghetti is right up there with 2'nd day Thanksgiving turkey dinner in my humble opinion.
  11. valvenator

Bose 901 I speaker grill cloth?

Chances are even if you find the original cloth the fact that the good one is most likely discolored from age might make you consider changing both. In which case, unless you're set on keeping it looking as original as possible maybe just pick a pattern you like. BTW if you find a match and want...
  12. valvenator

One speaker humming with no audio from stereo?

If the humming switched sides with the reversed cables it should be pretty obvious the cables are the problem. Use the parts of the cables that don't induce the hum and see what happens. Are you dealing with old and probably deteriorated cables? Nothing lasts forever.
  13. valvenator

One speaker humming with no audio from stereo?

Are you using a good proper audio connecting cable? Seems like some kind of grounding issue as if your + & - are reversed somehow.
  14. valvenator

Dunlop Strings - Rusty?

There are two types of nickel strings. Either the wrap is pure nickel or the wrap is nickel plated, which might be the case with your strings. The plating is quite thin so although nickel doesn't rust and is corrosion resistant it's not totally impervious to the elements. Any chance you live in...
  15. valvenator

You know someone has class when you see a bottle of Cholula on their table Seriously, I have tons of different hot sauces but that's the one I'm always running low on. Great on tacos, burritos and just about everything else including Bloody Marys.
Back
Top Bottom