Recent content by vendo81

1. vendo81

Pilot SP-210 power supply

I didn't try that. Very good idea! Somewhere around here I have a pair of ground loop isolator cables with in-line transformers that have worked well in the past
  2. vendo81

Very well could be a ground loop problem as slight hum was an issue with the SA232. The SA232 is very quiet with other preamps. My recapped Eico HF85 has slight hum which I've heard can be eliminated with a separate supply. I'm going to build one as soon as I get the Eico out of storage.
  3. vendo81

If anyone is thinking of building a separate power supply for a SP-210 preamp, you are making the right decision! After a recap of a friends SP-210, and using my rebuilt SA232 amplifier as a power supply, the results were OK at best. I decided to cut down a Pilot MPX 200 unit to use for the...
  4. vendo81

400cx-2 Remote Control ?

The 202t pre/tuner has the jack and mentions the RK-1 in the owners manual. May be others as well from the 202t era.
  5. vendo81

Questions about a Revox G36

You can't just remove the ECL86 tubes without changing the value of the resistor between the first 2 filter caps off the rectifier in the power supply. If you just remove the tubes you will increase the B+ to unsatisfactory levels. I'll check my notes and see what resistor I used. I believe a 5k...
  6. vendo81

"Marantz Sound"

The Marantz 18 is beautiful as well as great sounding. I'd love to own one.
  7. vendo81

"Marantz Sound"

I can't tell usually the difference between a 30 and 40 watt amplifier. Now MC75's vs MC30's is quite obvious. I was using the 2270 and 2285 with B&W speakers that I found need at least 75 watts to "wake up". Both receivers worked well. The early McIntosh MC2100 was another that put out 20...
  8. vendo81

"Marantz Sound"

Both rebuilt by a retired electrical engineer who had more test equipment than NASA. Going by what he told me.
  9. vendo81

"Marantz Sound"

Yes the 2270 does have higher output than 70 per side. I was using a rebuilt 2285 in my garage that was the same way.
  10. vendo81

"Marantz Sound"

After trying everything I could get my hands on for the last 30+ years I've settled with a Marantz 8. I kept swapping between amplifiers but always went back to the Marantz 8.Just has the mids and highs that can t be beat. I still have my McIntosh C22, Mc225,Mc30's, Mc75's, an 8b as well as a...
  11. vendo81

Marantz Tuner question

Yes it does get tricky!! I had to reorder the two 100uf caps as they were just slightly oversized to fit in with the other 3. Luckily the two 20uf replacements are really small. I just got a new Mullard scope tube today that I'll install this weekend. I noticed the brightness is all the way up...
  12. vendo81

Marantz Tuner question

Yes I do and I will get it for you. I saw his name in an article written about a local 10b restoration and a friend mentioned him as well. The person that wrote the article commented on how pleased he was with his work. So far the capacitors I've replaced have caused no change in the tuners...
  13. vendo81

Marantz Tuner question

Yes I've looked that over. I'd like to hear from someone that did the mods and if there was an improvement. They don't look too complicated. I've only found time to restuff the 100uf @ 350v x 3 multi section cap. It is buried under resistors and diodes and all had to be disconnected to get to...
  14. vendo81

Marantz Tuner question

It uses 47 bulbs. Found it listed on the schematic. Installed them and it is working correctly.
  15. vendo81

Marantz Tuner question

Does anyone know what dial lamps are used in the 10b? Someone had put LEDs in mine and dimming them does very little.
Back
Top Bottom